Friday, August 19, 2005

Hardwood Flooring and Downtown Knoxville

As most of you know my husband owns a hardwood flooring company , he does the bidding and labor and I do the rest which includes going to purchase supplies .

First let me tell you a story about the product I had to purchase for my husband this morning . Most times my husband uses a sealer on floors he has just sanded . You have to be careful with the sealer because it is highly flamable . About three years ago one of my hubby's friends , who also owns a hardwood business , had a floor to do and the home had gas in it . The first thing you will be asked, if you ever want your hardwood floors redone or you are installing raw wood and it will be sanded and finished, is if you have gas and if you do it is very important to turn it off while the floors are being done . So anyway my hubby's friend had a job scheduled and his worker that sands and finishes the floors had asked the homeowner if she turned the pilot light off to the gas , she assured him she had so he starts applying the coat of sealer to the floor . He had just finished putting the sealer on and was standing at the front door when there was an exposion that blew him out the door and onto the ground in the front lawn , several feet from where he was standing .

The homeowner had not turned the pilot light off and therefore when the fumes from the sealer reached the pilot light it blew. It blew the ceiling out of the house . Yeah that is what I said . The entire ceiling in every room of the house was gone and large parts off the roof had blown out as well . The damage added up to almost $20,000 before it was over . My hubby's friend was ordered by a judge to pay only $5,000 of this since the homeowners had been warned and his workman had not checked the pilot light before applying the sealer .

Anyways , with the humidity being so high here my husband has to use the sealer before applying the polyurethane because if you do not apply the sealer it will take days for the coat of polyurethane to dry . So now let's talk about downtown Knoxville.

When it comes to sealer there is only one brand that my husband will use and that is Lenmar Floor Sealer . According to him , it is the best . We have only found one place around here that keeps that brand in stock and it is Granings Paint , which is located in downtown Knoxville. Ok let me explain something to you , I have always had a great sense of direction . You can give me some half assed directions and I will drive straight to the location without one wrong turn . On the other hand I hate going into the city in Knoxville , my sense of direction leaves me and I get lost every damn time . I can drive all around downtown Dallas but put me in Knoxville and I am sure to get lost . I hate that place with a passion . Anyways , I went to Granings this morning to get the sealer and as always I find my way up there just fine but when I leave I get lost . Well today was no different and usually by the time that I find my way out I call my husband and chew his ass for sending me in the first place . This morning I called and in that too calm voice told him that I loved him , I would do anything for him but if he were ever to ask me to go back into the city of Knoxville to make a purchase for him , I was going to slap the taste out of his mouth ! I told him to send me anywhere but there .

This morning upon leaving the city and getting lost ,I finally found my way to I-40 where I was stuck in stand still traffic for almost an hour ,which is when I made my call to Mr. Breazy , and then finally home . I hope I never have to go back to the city of Knoxville again unless someone else is driving . Anyways , that is how my day started and now I am home alone enjoying the quiet and blogging , so I guess my day has turned out to be pretty good after the city incident .

How is your Friday going ?

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

"Slap the taste out of his mouth!" - ROTFLMAO - I love that!

Breazy said...

Snavy .. glad I could give you a laugh ! LOL!

Palmer.. no his friend wasn't hurt other than a few scratches and bruises . My Friday is doing so much better since I am not in the city anymore! hehe

Thomcat said...

hehehe - your husband is a hardwood floor layer ... that tells me a lot about you breazy ...

Bsoholic said...

huh huh, he said 'hardwood' huh huh, yeah heh heheh

Breazy said...

LMAO! And just what ,might I ask, does it tell you about me Thom! LOL!

Thomcat said...

ok hear we go breazy - brace yourself !!! there are guys who like to 'lay' carpet and there or guys who like to 'lay' hardwood flooring...now has anyone asked you if your drapes matched your carpet ? this goes along with that theory...if you don't have carpet to match your drapes, then you have hardwood flooring ... i tried to make it as PG as possible ...

Stephanie said...

When you published this - I knew he would do thid - lol! Bad cat - bad!!

Breazy said...

LMAO! Thom , I knew what you were talking about but I just wanted you to explain it in your unique way !

chosha said...

Wow that is so freaky, the ceilings blowing off. I know gas explosions can be big, but I had no idea it would do that.

Breazy said...

Hey Chosha ! Thanks for visiting my blog . I hope you come back again. Yeah when you work with flamable products like the sealer , you have to be very careful around gas .

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...