Friday, August 05, 2005

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW!!!

Good Friday everyone! I am gearing up to go to the movies tonight . My son is obsessed with the Dukes Of Hazzard , so we are going to see it tonight at our local drive-in theater. I am not so sure about the movie because I was always a big fan of the Dukes and I don't know how I am going to feel about the way they are portraying them in the new movie. In the original , they never cursed and it never contained sexual content . It was just good , clean fun . Yeah I know Daisy always wore her shorts real short but back then everything wasn't about "hey look at me " , it was actually a style . I don't think most women wore their shorts that short but you get my point . This weekend will be a good weekend for my family because we are celebrating Bethany's birthday tomorrow night by having family and friends over for a bbq and we will be presenting her with a guitar that she has been asking for , for a while now . So we will be attending guitar lessons before long as well.

It's school time again !!
I have to admit , I am ready for my quiet days but in the same sense , I am going to miss them terribly for the first couple of weeks. Going back to school means that my schedule will be picking back up because soon we will be going to Girl Scout meetings and we will have two little league baseball games a week to attend and that isn't including the weekly fiddle lessons my oldest daughter takes . I don't mind being busy though , I would rather my kids take on extra activities instead of sit around the house .

Btw .. speaking of the fiddle , my daughter will be taking the stage tonight at her favorite hangout . They call it "The Cafe" but it is a place where musicians get together and play . There are several rooms in the building and you can go in a room and start playing with them . They also have a stage and my daughter and her friends have formed a small bluegrass band and they will be taking the stage tonight . This will be the first time that my daughter has played before a crowd since starting the fiddle in March .

Anyways, I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend . Be safe and take care ..

2 comments:

Masha said...

That is so awesome that your daughter plays the fiddle. Good luck to her tonight!

Breazy said...

Thank you Masha !

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...