Monday, August 01, 2005

all about the beach ..

On Friday July 15 , I left at midnight on my way to the beach . My thirteen year old daughter was in Jacksonville, N.C. with my brother in law and sister in law ,so before going to the beach I had to pick her up . I had been on the computer checking the weather conditions and all that before leaving and I decided not to take 40 East to Jacksonville due to severe thunderstorms , therefore I drove as if I were on my way to the beach , 40E , 26E, 20S, 501S and then I took 17N to Jacksonville . We finally arrived back in Garden City Beach at 4:00pm and signed in and went to the condo . That night we ordered pizza and my mom and I went to the grocery store , which was a nightmare.

Our days would go something like this , get up , eat breakfast, put on sunblock and swim suit and hit the beach , stay out for a while , go to the room to eat lunch , go back out . When we were finished swimming and sunning for the day we would go to the room , change out of our swim suits , shower and then my mom or I would cook and then we would chill out and watch tv. It was wonderful! I actually got some rest while we were on vacation .

On Wednesday of the first week , my husband and dad arrived around 11pm that night . We ate out some but we really didn't do that much this year because we were ready to relax . We did go to Barefoot Landing to the Alligator Adventure and it was awesome . This year we got to see the Coast Guard flying up and down the coast alot . The whole two weeks that we were there the ocean was rough . Big waves , strong currents , rip tides were just some of the things we had to deal with along with sharks . The weather was beautiful , we didn't see rain at all but it got real hot and you couldn't stay out long .

When we had first arrived , we saw a news special about sharks . On this special they said if you are in the ocean and you see a dark cloud in the water to get out . The dark cloud is a school of fish and they swim with sharks who are wondering around in the water . After jumping out of the ocean on numerous dark cloud sightings , I decided if a shark wanted me and mine , he could walk his ass to the pool to get us. Due to the rip currents and rough waves there were several drownings while we were there . One story impaticular , happened last Sunday . An eleven year old boy got caught in the rip current and couldn't get out so his dad goes to save him and the dad drowns . They found the fathers body about ten minutes after the drowning but still had not found the boy . There were other members of this boys family that had been swept out with the rip current as well . When we left on Friday they still had not found the body of the eleven year old or any of his family members . All of this happened about 20 miles north of where we stayed.

All in all I had a wonderful vacation . I know it doesn't sound like much from what I have just written but we had alot of fun doing nothing . I will write more about my vacation when I post some of the pics we took , which I have to have developed first . Later ...

3 comments:

Bsoholic said...

Great! Glad you had fun. Sometimes doing nothing IS the best vacation! :)

Thomcat said...

welcome back breazy - we all missed you , more than you'll know ! and i'm sorry that i taught morningrose a new word ... hehe

Breazy said...

Hey Thomcat! Thank you , I missed y'all alot too .

Patten .. when are going to take a vacation , now you have someone to go with ?

Morning Rose.. LOL! I will get the pics on as soon as I have them developed!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...