Wednesday, August 10, 2005

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

So here is the deal . My daughter kept fussing because I wouldn't let her on my new computer . She kept saying that I was keeping her from her friends ,so I ordered all the wireless junk I needed to do the homenetworking from my phone company , which is who my DSL is through. I get it and start hooking it up and of course my new comp is going to be the home portal . Well my old comp and my daughters comp both had windows 98 first edition on them so when I hooked the wireless adapter to them I had to call the phone company for help . The phone company told me that the wireless wouldn't work with 98 first edition so I got a copy of 2000 pro and installed it last night. Well what do you know , during the installation it didn't pick up the wireless adapter so after another call to tech. support this morning , I was told I would have to reinstall 2000 pro.

So , I reinstalled 2000 pro. and it still didn't pick up the adapter and by this time I am too damn frustrated to call the phone company back for help . I need a day to cool off and then I will once again be at it . If any of you have any tips that could help this comp. illiterate idiot out , please give them to me because at this point I am ready to slap the taste out of my daughters mouth for even asking me to get the wireless . Not only that , I am covered up with paperwork that I neglected so that I could get the wireless hooked up . HELP !!!!!!!!! I am now in cubic hell with Bsoholic and Thomcat_13 except I don't have a cubicle .Someone please come rescue me !!!!

7 comments:

Breazy said...

Hey that is a great idea ! lol!

Breazy said...

Hey Morning Rose ! Glad to see you are back among us .:)

Bsoholic said...

Don't know much about wireless routers, routing my laptop to my home computer was simple, all I did was plug everything in that it told me to. Both of my computers were running XP and I believe the laptop came with a signal finder type dealy. Hope you get it working, I can try to help on IM if ya page me.

Breazy said...

awwwwww thanks Patten but actually I found out what my problem is , I have to call compaq and have them walk me through installing the USB properly because it isn't installed right.

Politically Homeless said...

That hair I used to have? I lost what was left trying to do a home network with four computers running four different operating systems. I was able to finally do it, but I'm not sure exactly how!

Its possible that your wireless adapter is faulty on the computer running 2000 Pro. It should be able to pick up the router with no problem.

Breazy said...

Thanks Brian ! I think I am almost there , I am half blind from looking at the comp screen but I am almost there. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...