Saturday, March 11, 2006

oh my my ..

Goodness gracious ! I am going to need a vacation by the time tomorrow comes and we leave for the retreat . Between girl scout cookies and my kids going here and there and everywhere I am wore out and I am not even packed ! Everybody else is packed except for me and I am waiting on my favorite pair of jeans which are in the dryer now . After that I am going to wash up what few towels I have dirty because I can't stand going somewhere for several nights and coming home to laundry and messes .

Why is it that some idiot decides to wreck or the power company decides to do some spur of the moment maintenance on the morning that you have to get up, make breakfast , get showered , make sure your daughter is getting dressed and then you hit the door running ? I set my alarm for 7:30am and I was awake before the alarm went off . I got up ,went to the kitchen to start breakfast and the power goes out . The first thing I do is make sure that Mr. Breazy did drop the bill in the mail because some months ago I was sitting here one morning after everyone was off to school and work and the power went out . When I called the power company I was told that our electric bill hadn't been paid ... WHAT?!?!? I knew I had wrote a check for it and that it had time to get there before the due date so what happened . Little did I know Mr . Breazy happened ! hehe! When I called him that day I asked him what he done with the electric bill he was going to mail and after handing me excuses then searching , upon my request , he found it above the visor in his work van. Wanna talk about one mad woman . Anyways , Mr . Breazy hadn't forgot the bill this time instead the power company was doing some work . Now where was I ... oh yeah , I finally decided to jump in the shower since there should be some hot water left , for a few minutes anyways . As soon as I stepped out of the shower and got dried off the power came back on . I was so happy because I was able to get ready and pick up the cookies for the booth early .

While working my last booth today I met one of those moms that we all love to hate . She grated on my nerves so bad that I wanted to slap her in to the middle of next week . Her daughter just joined our troop this past tuesday and she (the mom) is acting like she knows everything there is to know about selling cookies and everything else in the world . First of all let me say that I can get along with most anyone but this lady is one of those rare people that I take an instant dislike to . Second of all , when we sell cookies there are rules that we have to follow but this lady didn't want to follow anything , instead she wanted to take over and have things her way . She found out real soon that I could be extremely stubborn and finally I had to get hateful with her just so she would shut her piehole . Third of all , she made mad once more when she talked about moms that didn't get their kids to the booths on time being no-good-for-nothing lazy people , after this statement I reminded her that she was supposed to be at our booth at 2pm but didn't show until 3. Did that shut her up .... no ! By the time 4pm rolled around I was not only hating her but myself as well ! I was so annoyed and pissed off that I couldn't have told you my name had you asked . I shiver just thinking about it , thank goodness I don't have to do another cookie booth for another year . hehe !

Whew ! I didn't realize that I needed to vent like that , I feel much better now . Mr. Breazy isn't going to be able to stay through the night during the retreat so that means that I get a bedroom , big bed and all , to myself .. wooohooo let's party ! I can't wait , I am going to sleep like a baby . The best part of my room is that I have been assigned to the boys and they are on the bottom level with the hot tub and so is my room . There are only a few boys going and the rest are girls between the ages 10 and 15 . I can handle hearing farting and snoring through the walls much better than I can giggling ,snickering and whispering . Well my dryer is buzzing so I better get off here and get the clothes folded and put away.
Y'all be safe and take care !

5 comments:

CozyMama said...

hope your retreat was wonderful.

lime said...

i think the cookie lady needs to havea few tubes of thin mints shoved right up her nose next time.

have a great time on the retreat!

bubbles said...

HAve fun at th retreat...asx for the cookie lady story that remids me of an episode of Everybody love Raymond. He too had a cookie lady.! Glad you survived!

James Goodman said...

I hope you have a blast at the retreat and of course...sleeping like a baby is always good. :D

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...