Tonight I was telling my husband not to think that I was half vegetarian if he saw me eating alot of vegetarian proteins , well my son was in the room when I said this and he got a real funny look on his face and he said " Mom , am I half vegetarian or am I half indian?" I almost peed my pajama bottoms full laughing so hard , of course I had to hold that laughter while explaining to my son what a vegetarian was and once he had my explaination he says " oh yeah , I thought you were talking about something else" this is when the laughter started .
What brought the conversation on in the first place was that I recieved a call from one of the consultants at LA Weight Loss today . She wanted to know how things were going and did I have any questions , well things couldn't be better but I did have one question , "can I use some of the vegetarian proteins in place of my proteins" , her answer was yes . Each day I have to eat a certain amount of protein , veggies , fruit , starches , dairy and a fat , well it gets kind of old eating the same meats week after week and I am not a person to do repeat meals so to avoid difficulty with the proteins ,since chicken is my favorite and fish is my least favorite, I will end up getting tired of it . I went back to the grocery store tonight and I got several vegetarian products such as veggie burgers , reduced fat peanut butter and unsalted nuts . Now I really am ready ! hehe ! Four years ago when I was on this diet there wasn't as many food choices as there are today and I am really excited about the choices because it means that picky me won't be eating repeat meals often .
I go weigh in at 10 in the morning and I will post my progress when I get back home . Y'all have a good night and sleep well !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
6 comments:
oh that is too funny! of course my oldest girl who is a hunter woudl define vegetarian as: old indian word for 'bad hunter.' hehehe. keep up the good work!
i love kid antics! I'll be back for hte weigh in(weight off) verdict! Good Luck!
Classic... the other day my 4 year old son said to me, "Daddy, why are you running out of hair?"
funny stuff!
I love Boca Burgers and their faux chicken is good too, if you like spicy.
tofu can be really yummy if prepared well, there are tons of good recipes on-line.
You go, girl!
(I am not a vegetarian, btw, we just like to mix it up too)
I'm half vegetarian...and half carnivore. Works for me. :)
That is to cute :-) I hope tomorrows weigh in puts a smile on your face. :-)
Post a Comment