Monday, November 14, 2005

it's monday .... already ?

I am not doing much today other than taking care of my sick little son . He has caught the stomach flu that the rest of us passed around in the past two weeks . Today was his yearly well check visit with his pediatrician and she wrote him out of school for the rest of the day because he was not feeling well at all. So we are watching Lazy Town on Nickelodeon and snuggling on the couch under a warm blanket . It is a dark , dreary , rainy day here and perfect for snuggling .

Where does time go ? My kids are growing so fast . It seems like it has been a long time since my son and I have had a day to just sit and snuggle and enjoy one anothers company . The girls are always snuggling on the couch with me but my son doesn't snuggle unless he is in the mood or sick . I love watching my kids grow and become their own person but at the same time I know that they will not be up for snuggling and hanging out with mom and dad much longer . I want to see my kids make their own life but at the same time I miss the days when they were just babies and I could rock and sing to them . Time seems to speed up every year that goes by . Anyways . how is your day ?

7 comments:

Tina said...

I don't know much about boys, but girls never get too old to sit and cuddle. I never watch TV at school (too busy and too many other interesting things going on) but as soon as I go home, I plop myself down in the living room with my mommy and watch the boob tube all night with her.

I was actually excited that I got sick on my impromptu fall break 'cause I had a mommy to take care of me instead of own lame attempts.

Enjoy your day! It's gloomy out here, too....which is kinda nice. Yesterday it was beautiful and I had to write a paper. Today it's nasty and I have to work on thesis stuff (if I ever stop blogging).

DaMasta said...

I agree with Cricketina. I am never more pleased than when I am cuddling with parental units. You never get too old for that!!

Angela said...

I hope your lil'un gets to feelin better :) It has been one of those days with this drizzle rain to cuddle up with a good latte and a good book :)

Angela said...

P.S. I don't have kids so that's why I said book & latte for me. My kids are 2 dogs (shi-tzu's) and a African Grey Parrot :)

Logophile said...

Ahhh,
the cuddling, it is a good thing.

lime said...

aww, sorry the little guy is sick. glad at least it meant a tender cuddle. good for mom and good for boy. hope he feels better soon.

Bsoholic said...

Hope little B gets better!

I would assume boys grow out of cuddling way sooner than girls. (I'm not a parent, but I play one on TV) :P

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...