
Some of you know that my husband bought me a banjo a few weeks ago . The banjo is very new and odd to me since I have only played the piano , clarinet and flute but I have always been fascinated with the banjo and I am very determined to learn it . I have been told that I better think about my decision to play one since they are one of the hardest instruments to learn . I will be starting lessons after Christmas and New Years is over but in the meantime my daughters friend plays the banjo and he is really good at it for a 13 year old . He has came over a couple of times to show me some small things to get started with such as, familiarizing myself with the rolls with my right hand , those are actually hard to get used to but I practiced and practiced and viola , I got them down .
Now for my moment of excitement , we will call the banjo playing friend "D" . D came home with my daughter from school yesterday and he taught me how to play Cripple Creek . OMG !!! I am so excited ! I actually learned a song already ! I can't believe it . I am not up to the normal speed yet but I do have the notes and rolls down . It is amazing to me that I learned it that quick . I don't think this banjo playing is going to be as hard as I first thought , or maybe that is just my determination shining through and I refuse to let it be as hard as I originally thought , either way I am estatic right now ! Anyways , that is my little moment of excitement , I know it might not be much to anybody else but it is alot to me and I thought I would share it with all of you ! Happy Hump Day ! :)
Btw... the pic of that banjo is more fancy than the one my hubby bought me !
10 comments:
Good for you Breazy!!! It's so true that you can do whatever you put your mind to. I completely understand your new instrument excitment. Be sure to learn Deliverance, you'll be called to play that one, I'm sure!!
Keep smiling and strumming along!
LOL! Thanks Tina !
Congrats!! :) I'm still stumbling around with my Guitar and Dulcimer *giggles*
Strum me up a tune, Breazy!!
good for you
Awesome! Get to pickin'!
fabulous! i started guitar lessons 18 months ago. good way to keep the grey mater fomr atrophying. good luck with it!
WOW! That is so awesome. Think you can learn to play the "Deliverance" song?
You are so talented. I didn't know that you knew how to play all those instruments.
Very cool Breazy!!
What a great site »
Post a Comment