
Do you worry over whether your Christmas tree is perfectly decorated ? Always looking at it and changing the ornaments ? Believe it or not , I am not that way . Yes I know I that I obsess over everything else but when it comes to our Christmas tree , I am different . Let me try and give you a visual of our tree . We have an artificial douglas fir , 7 ft tall and just huge . I use multicolored lights , always , I like the white lights but not in my house . As far as ornaments go we have multicolored , foil wrapped , miniature gifts , lots of things the kids have made over the years , I use the plastic balls that look like glass , if you knock them off they don't break . I have small red bows , ornaments with the kids pictures on them , and for the top I have an angel and a multicolored star . This year my son wanted to put on the multicolored star because he has really been interested in the star of Bethlehem .
I have all kinds of knick knacks to sit around on shelves and such , a snowman that is holding a sign that says " Days til Christmas" , his numbers are like dice with the numbers written on them . I have a small blue sled that hangs on the door knob . I never put garland on my tree , instead we decorate the windows and door ways with it . Normally we put up blue ice cycle lights out side but this year I don't think we will do that .
All of these things make up the perfect Christmas decor for me and mine . I know some people who have nothing but glass ornaments and every thing has to be precisely in place or they start freaking out . I like to let my kids decorate the tree with me so when we are done I can stand back and look at the tree through their eyes , if that makes sense . I love the mood everyone gets in while we are drinking hot chocolate and decorating the house . I told Mr. Breazy last night that I thought our tree looked better than any of them ever had .
So , that is the perfect tree to me , what is your idea of the perfect tree ?
10 comments:
Yours sounds like the way I do mine. Just throw on some color-lights and some ornaments here and there. I'm good to go with that.
perfect tree to me is a real one. and it has all sorts of old ornaments my kids made through the years. i try to find a new type to make every year so we can spend time making enough to give away and a few for our own tree. i'm a white light sort of gal too. we had colored lights for a long time but i really like the white ones. no garland, but a bunch of twisted tin icicles. also i have a bunch of red bows i put on. the bows are made from scraps of my bridesmaids' gowns which my mother sewed. we got married the week befre christmas. i get the ornaments down and have to sort them out so each kid gets to hang the ornaments he/she made and doesn't get to hang more than the other siblings, lest a fight breaks out. there's a combination of paper, glass, fabric, wood, storebought and handmade. all personal. i can't take the designer trees where evrything is carefully coordinated and perfectionistic.
I just love the multi-colored lights. To me that's Christmas :). Your tree sounds like mine too. This year I won't have a tree up though. (First time in 16 yrs). *Sigh*. But with construction starting soon there is no room for one. Next yr will be diff though. :) We have no children, but when I do decorate for Christmas I do a Grizwald kind *LOL* (National Lampoons Christmas Vacation). My fav movie BTW. :) Still a kid at heart here *giggles*
Ameratis .. you have an excuse to be freakish over your tree since you don't have kids .. hehe I also suffer from OCD ! Thanks for commenting on my blog again ! :)
BS.. Yep I enjoy letting the kids go at it . They enjoy it so much!
Lime.. that sounds wonderful! I like the real trees but I have this thing about having one due to fires ..blah blah you know the whole thing . As a kid my parents always had a real tree .
Kali.. sounds good to me . I know who the Grizwalds are because that is one of my favorite movies too!
Blither..that sounds cool ! I have a couple of glass things but that is it . Until the kids get a bit bigger I will keep the plastic . Once they are older I am pulling out the glass baby!
Lucifer.. thanks ! Your tree decorating sounds like alot fun as well!
I do not like multi colored lights, I stick with just white or maybe throw in red or green.
For the tree multicolor rocks, we do white for everything else, but the tree it has to the multicolor.
The AF has an ormament a year from her childhood. A baseball mitt from one of the baseball years, a geoduck (see my post today for a pic of a real one) a mini-ferry from the year of commuting, etc. The Things also receive ornaments like that so our tree tends to be eclectic, and we like it like that.
Glad you don't let your OCD hold sway over Christmas, Christmas should ALWAYS be child friendly.
MY tree - I do not share it - lol - is very Victorian. Ribbon, beads, white lights, handmade Victorian tree shirt, very breakable ornaments ( except the bottom - the kids section). I love decorating the tree and cannot wait until tomorrow. (hubby's not a big xmas fan and refuses to get stuff from attic till dec. 1)
I LOVE decorating the tree!! Our tree is always real, with multicolored lights. Every ornament on the tree is different and not a single one goes on the tree that doesn't have meaning to it. My mom and grandmother have both bought me an ornament every year, so I have quite a collection. The top of our tree is always graced by an angel and it's always a fight between my mom and I for whose gets the honor. We tried alternating years, but we can never keep that straight. Decorating the tree is always a long process as we dig out each item and talk about it and all the memories associated with it. By far, my favorite part of the holiday season is decorating the tree with glorious holiday favorites playing in the background!!
This was a fun post!! Thanks, Breazy, you just made my day!!
Enjoyed a lot! minidv Renault cleon http://www.car-cd-player-8.info/Cdindexphpkcdchangermp3.html Lexus mcgrath Ink cartridges that fit dell a920 printer Vitamin d & milk control arm pontiac trans am car audio calculator ohm watts Order generic tenuate prescription price on line Coach charley butt wife mp3 compatible car cd changers
Post a Comment