I picked up my reserved copy of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest first thing this morning , my eleven year old daughter is going to be excited when she gets home and sees this . I may have the movie but we can't watch it until the weekend because we are booked solid this week , plus I think it will be cool to watch the first one then this one . We saw this movie while on vacation this past summer because that is when it came out and my kids (and I) would have nothing else but to go see it . I love these as much as I do Lord of The Rings.After mentioning Bethany, my eleven year old, I wanted to tell y'all about a special award she has been working toward receiving in Girl Scouts . It is a religion award called God and Country. Our Pastors wife has been teaching the classes and we are completing it this Thursday. She will not only get an award for taking this class but also a badge for her vest and a couple of other things . I am so proud of her for doing this and making it all the way through . There was another girl going through the class with my daughter but she quit about half way which left just my daughter . I have also went through the class with her . In the beginning I had the choice to either participate with her or just let her do it and I thought that since it was church related that it would be great for she and I to not only strengthen our relationship but to strengthen our spiritual relationship with God together . We have learned a lot and I am glad that I chose to do it . The lesson is really neat and my daughter nor myself will ever look at pizza the same again because the class uses pizza to demonstrate the meaning , for instance, the crust represents your foundation which is God's love for us , the sauce represents your spiritual and family heritage , the toppings represent our talents and gifts , the cheese represents the Ten Commandments which are used as rules that help us, the baking represents the heat of tough times and tools we need to get through them , and then we eat , share and enjoy to represent the 2 fish and 5 loaves in the young boy's lunch in John 6:1-15. It has been really awesome going through this and learning things that we just wouldn't usually think about . So Thursday our pastor will be quizzing Bethany on what she has learned and then she will receive her award and badge and we will have a pizza party with family and friends of her choice . Did I mention that I am proud of her ? LOL! She is in her third (last) year of Junior Girl Scouts and she has been working towards the Bronze award which is the highest award a Junior G.S. can earn . In the spring she should be awarded with that award .
I finally have some pics of our land ...YAY!!! I took these Saturday while I was over there working. The first one is the Termite that my husband rented to do the fill line and clean out some brush and this pic was taken at an angle so our house will actually be setting off to the right . If the house were up you would barely see a corner of it in the right hand side of the pic .

This next one is my front yard . If my house were built at this time I would be standing in my sons room looking out into the front yard . If you look to the right you will see a wooden stake and the little orange flag marking it as the front of the house . The silver roof is actually the roof of our neighbors barn . It would be much prettier if it wasn't winter and the trees didn't look like skeletons .

This one actually shows where the house is going ,however, you might not be able to see the stakes and line from here . On the right is my husbands truck that he bought to re-do and it is sitting in the temporary drive .

They are supposed to start building this week but I am not sure if they will because we have to meet with our construction manager for a pre-construction meeting before they can start . We were supposed to meet with him last week but we were booked and couldn't get a couple hours free to meet him so we should meet with him this week then they can get started .
I hope y'all enjoyed the pics and trust me , you will be very familiar with this land and seeing pics of construction on my blog in the next three months . Have a beautiful day !!!!
7 comments:
Congratuations to you all on the house and to your daughter too, that is fabulous.
BTW, I noticed the pic of your son in the shirt, that is GREAT!
lol
Have a good one, sweetie
hey, congrats to bethany and good for her sticking it out.
coolpics of the land too. it will be fun to see the progress!
that is a VERY nice piece of land....how exciting.
Can't wait to see more:-).
Oh now the fun begins. I just picked that movie up too. LOVE JOHNNIE DEPP I DO I DO I DO...Oh yeah....
TAG....YOU'RE IT!!!
Your property is beautiful, Breazy, and I am sure the house is going to be marvelous!
Dont feel bad if you havent decided on the house colors yet, just go read Limes "ive lived here three years and havent finished painting" post...
As for me, I have a hallway with all the nail holes filled, a rebuilt bathroom door frame, all needed painting.
Now why did the bathroom doorframe need rebuilding? I got locked in the bathroom while installing a doorknob, and I couldnt get out, but I did have a hammer........soooooo rather than bust through the door, I just smasehd the hell out of the frame until I could rip the door open with all the frame/wood attached...45 minutes later, I was out! Living in the country can be a real problem when you are locked in the bathroom and noone is around for miles to hear you yelling!
YAY!!! Pictures!!! I'm so excited for you about the building!!
Great news about the badge and award for your daughter.
Post a Comment