Chirstmas is over and we have 364 days to prepare for it again .
Hey all ! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas . We sure did . Normally by the time Christmas day is underway I start feeling a little down because we spend so much time preparing for two days of celebration and then in the blink of an eye it is over . All the anticipation and excitement and it is basically over in no time . This year however , I didn't feel down or sad . Each year we go to my parents house first thing Christmas morning to open gifts with them and then have a huge breakfast . This year was no different except we got to my parents house at 7am . Normally we don't go over until about 8:30am or 9am., but my brother and his son were leaving to go to West Tennessee deer hunting so we had to meet earlier and I was so tired . We came home yesterday I went straight to my room , put my pj's back on and climbed back in bed for a couple hours . When I woke up my son was riding his new dirt bike all over the place .
We decided that when it came time to our kids opening their presents that we would have to let them open "the big one" first or else they would know what they were getting so we sat them down , gave them their big presents and let them open them one at a time starting with Bethany our 11yr old. She had decided about a week ago that for her big thing she wanted a new coral pink Nintendo DS Lite. If she could have told me two weeks ago I could have picked it up no problem but with her waiting until the last minute I had a lot of trouble finding it even on Amazon.com . I ended up having to go to Ebay . I found one and had 11 minutes to bid on it and let me tell you , I was like a bidding fool on that thing . I lost that bid but lucked out on the next one . I had to pay $60 more for it but I got it , that was Tuesday and UPS delivered it first thing Thursday morning . One reason why I didn't have many to choose from online was because I wanted a brand new one with box still sealed from the factory and that is exactly what I got . When Bethany opened it she got so excited that I thought she was going to pass out where she sat . I wrapped the box then put it in a bigger box then wrapped that and that is how she got it . She loved it and I have to say , the Nintendo DS Lite is a neat little gadget!
Next up was my oldest daughter Chesney. She had been begging for a nice digital camera since the beginning of fall so we got her a very nice camera . She hasn't stopped taking pics since.
Next up was my son . I had debated over how to actually give him the dirt bike because it wasn't like I could wrap it so what I done was took the keys and wrapped then in a box that a pair of my earrings came in . When I started handing out gifts the first thing my son said was "Mom, why is mine the smallest?" and I replied "just because it is small doesn't mean it isn't big" and I received a real weird look over that one. When he opened the box and found the keys he looked at my husband and I like we had lost our mind for getting him a set of keys . Then I told Mr. Breazy I was going out back and to bring Ty out there in about two minutes . We had parked the dirt bike on the sidewalk out there so that Ty would see it when he opened the door. Have you ever saw a kid shocked and excited at the same time? My sweet little son got so excited he almost cried! He didn't know whether to ride the thing or look at it. I said to him " you have been saying for three years at each birthday and at Christmas you were getting a dirt bike so I figured you kind of knew , did you really think you were getting one this year?" and he said " no I didn't but it made me feel good to say it " .
At that point we all came back inside and finished opening gifts then Ty put on his new helmet and goggles then he and Mr. Breazy went outside to ride. Within thirty minutes Ty came running through the back door and hugged me saying " y'all are the best parents I have ever had and this is the best Christmas I have ever had!!" . I asked him what other parents he had ever had and he just said " you know what I am saying Mom" . So Christmas was a big hit all around here .
Today is a cold, blustery day here and I am ready to snuggle up in bed and take a nap . Being sick last week really zapped all of my energy and I am still not completely over it . When I talk I still sound real sick and I still have a bit of a cough but I do believe that there is an end near . In the meantime , if I get real tired I just go sleep for a bit .
I hope all of you have a good week !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
3 comments:
Sounds like there was a fabulous Christmas at casa de Breazy!
Happy Boxing Day!
glad to hear everything was a hit at the breazy house. sounds like it was a special day. glad you're on the mend too!
Well it sounds as if you all had a wonderful Christmas. I remember having to sit there waiting as we opened our gifts one at a time. That was SOOOO painful! HAHAHA...hope you're feeling better soon my dear xo
Post a Comment