Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm so excited and I'm ......


almost too sick to celebrate ! Hey all ! How are all of you ? Part of me is great but the other part is not so good . I have a bad sinus infection and a couple of other annoying things going on right now that has me spending my days on the couch or in bed . However, something happened yesterday and I just had to share it with y'all . They finally broke ground yesterday ! I couldn't believe it .. our contractor told me they had us on the schedule for Monday , Tuesday, or Wednesday of this week to break ground and I figured something else would pop up to delay it once more but it happened. Yesterday my son was home from school sick and my husband got off work early so he came home and wanted to drive over to our land to see if the electric company had been out there yet (they have been very tough to deal with) . When we got over there I was so surprised that I didn't know what to do but grab my camera and start snapping. They already had the majority of the footers dug when we arrived . If I wasn't sick I would be doing a big ole' happy dance right now ! My husband and I rode back over there today and they have completed the digging and had it inspected so the concrete for the footers will be here tomorrow . T-o-m-o-r-r-o-w!!!!! I can't believe it ! The week between Christmas and New Years they are going to lay the block foundation . This process is faster than I thought and the gentlemen that are doing the work are absolutely wonderful .

Anyways, here are some pics of the footers for ya to look at . These pics were taken before they had completed the digging . Be prepared for lots more pics because I am making a scrapbook of the complete building process .


This pic is the right front corner of the house . It looks so much bigger since they started digging.














This pic is of the back right hand corner which will be the dinning room and kitchen . I can't wait!















This pic is of the front left hand corner except I took it from inside . Those bottles are the workers drinks .














The man and little boy you see on the right hand side is my husband and son . I thought they both were going to drool over the bobcat working on the left side of the pic.















The first pic in the post is what the outside of the house will look like when the work is completed except the colors I chose are different . I went with Pebblestone Clay vinyl siding (the color of coffee with cream in it) , Winestone shutters (very dark burgundy red , almost a purple) and it will be trimmed out in stark white.


I also wanted to let all of my Hijack buddies know that I do have y'all a small little something for Christmas but as I haven't been feeling well I haven't been to the post office to mail them . I will get them to you but it may be after Christmas . Thanks ! Y'all have a good day !


Oh yeah ... one more thing before I go .....
Thanks to throat drops and lots of cold water , my voice held out for the play and I was able to sing my solo without so much as a crack or a croak. The play was a success all the way around , everyone did a great job ! Thanks for your encouraging comments !

5 comments:

James Goodman said...

That is fantastic, Breazy. Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy the play went off without a hitch and I am SOOOO happy for you about your house. I am looking forward to the future pictures. What an exciting holiday this is going to be for you!
xo

lime said...

wow, congratulations, breazy! that's a terrific christmas present isn't it? i'm sorry you aren't feeling so hot. i hope you are your old perky self soon, glad ya made it through singing though. you rest up and get all better.

Anonymous said...

Breazy,
This is awesome!!!! :-).

I want to wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas and the best for the coming New Year!! :-).

Logophile said...

The house is coming along!!
Exciting stuff, glad the solo went well too, oh man, whew!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...