Thursday, December 07, 2006

finally the time has come.....

and things are coming together nicely with the house . We made time to meet our Contractor yesterday and signed the papers stating that we understood what he will do and what he won't do. Now there can be no changes made to the floor plan and we are almost ready to go . They were supposed to start digging footers this week but we weren't able to make time to meet with the Contractor last week and we had a problem pop up with the fill line . The county that we live in changed all the codes pertaining to a septic and fill line within the last three weeks and no one bothered to tell us until the septic inspector came out to do a final inspection . We had to add a few feet so that it would be under code for a four bedroom home so we rented a Termite and done that last weekend . Turns out that we didn't add enough because instead of having to have 100ft per bedroom , you now have to have 123ft for each bedroom . My first question to the inspector was "what the heck does the bedrooms have to do with a septic and fill line?" because you would think that it would be bathrooms they go by since that is where you do your business that pertains to the septic and fill line . I wished the area that we lived in had a sewer system so we didn't have to worry about all of this but oh well . So today I picked up the repair permit from the Environmental Code Department and found out that to be under code we also have to move the house back five feet which , thank God , is no big deal . My husband is waiting for a call from a professional septic installer so we can get him out there to finish out the fill line , get it inspected and be done with it .

With all that being said , they should break ground before Christmas and if not then a day or two after . I am happy with that ! When we ran a copy of the repair permit out to our contractors office he was gone to pick up our building permit which means it's really happening ! I knew it was happening before but I have waited a very long time on this and I am very anxious for them to get started . I can't wait to post pics of everything going on . I am very pleased that we chose the contractor that we chose because he is great and I think it will be pleasant dealing with him as it has thus far.

Okay , enough about the house for now ......
It was almost 40 degrees when we got up this morning then around noon the temp started plummeting and the wind picked up . It is cold out there I tell ya ! We should be at around 14 degrees by midnight tonight or a little after and I already have the blankets out and ready for cuddling on the couch later this evening .

Tonight at 7:30 is Bethany's award ceremony for the God and Country award and badge . It is going to be just a small gathering with close family and friends and we are doing it at the fellowship hall at our church . I will post pics of that sometime tomorrow .

I mailed all of my Christmas cards out yesterday so if you gave me your address you should be receiving yours in a couple of days . Those of you that want one and didn't email me your address you can do so now :eazybreazy@gmail.com :and I will get that out to you .

Y'all have a wonderful day and stay warm , I know I am going to try !


9 comments:

lime said...

gotta love when codes peopel expect you to be psychic....

i sent you a card and a little extra something today too ;)

Breazy said...

Thank you !

Anonymous said...

WOW...sounds like a HUGE headache to me. Hope everything smooths out eventually and I know it will. Brrrrrr that wind sounds chilly to me. I'm complaining because it's 50's here! What am I going to do when I get to WI next week...YIKES!

CozyMama said...

Good luck with all that!!!! stay warm.

S said...

Having lived in tiny tiny houses all my adult life, and have lived without alot of things that bigger homes have, I have this to say:

Make sure your bedroom door has a lock!
Make sure you have lots and lots of closet and storage space.
A garage
A laundry room
A dishwasher
A mudroom or at least an entryway so that you have a place for the wet boots etc.

Ah, all those things would be a dream to have....

You are going to have so much fun!

Stephanie said...

i'm way behind on xmas cards this year but i will get them done

we all have colds and red noses - not very photogenic at the moment

i have a house must-have list for next time:

master bath or at least 1 on each floor - 4 girls 1 bathroom = trouble
linen closet
coat closet/mudroom
finishable basement

CozyMama said...

strange about the bedrooms and the septic......have a good one.

Anonymous said...

I got your card today! Wooohooo!
Thank you so much and yes on the staying in touch! Maybe when I go and visit my brother in KY I can make a trip to TN. Wouldn't that be exciting!

Anonymous said...

Anything new going on the house? Oh yeah...Good morning Breazy ;o)

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...