Good morning all ! Today is a new day and things are a changin' here in the Breazeale household.
While taking my 14 year old daughter to school this morning I was informed that I "don't even care" . This was brought up because there is a new cd out today that she wants and she told her dad that we need to go get it , well , her dad told her that she hadn't done dishes or swept in two weeks . The dishes and sweeping rule goes like this .... two nights a week each girl has to do dishes or sweep , while one is doing one of those chores the other girl will do the other then the next night they will switch , this is all that I ask them to do other than keep their rooms clean and take their dirty clothes from their hamper to the laundry room . Since Mr. Breazy pointed out that she hadn't done her chores she got all definsive about it like she always does and she waits until we are on our way to school , away from Mr. Breazy to let me know her opinion . The reason she does this is because #1 Mr. Breazy will smack her mouth if she gets too smart mouthed with him and #2 she knows that most times I will hear her out and then we talk about it and in the end she does what she was supposed to do in the first place . I don't have a problem with the way Mr. Breazy handles things because that is what works for him but it doesn't work for me . I rarely smack my kids bottoms because I find that taking the things they enjoy most is what hurts them the most . Sure , you can spank them , and we do believe in spankings around here , but that doesn't work with me .
When it comes to our children Mr. Breazy and I are completely different , however, when he diciplines I don't step in and when I do the diciplining he doesn't step in , I will stand behind his decision and visa versa and God help the child that tries to play us against each other . Anyways, my daughter says that I suffer from OCD when it comes to cleaning and organizing , which is true but I also understand that they are kids and things aren't always going to be as clean or as my daughter says "perfect" as I might want them and that is okay with me as long as they make an effort . Here lately there has been no effort to do anything helpful around here so yesterday as soon as they got home from school I told them that I had been in their rooms and I was not happy with the way they looked nor was I happy with the closets in either room . I gave them until 8pm last night to get everything cleaned up and organized a bit . Both of them done as I said and believe it or not it didn't kill either of them! My sons weekly chore is to clean the bathroom once a week and help me keep the trash emptied in there . He always does what he is supposed to do without a fuss and his room is always picked up and mostly in order , very rarely do I have to get on to him about his room.
Anyways, I got to thinking about what all my daughter said this morning about me not caring and I am really pissed so I have decided that playtime is over , we are gonna get our game on around here . I am giong to create and print some spreadsheets today listing things that have to be done daily and checked when each chore is done . I am also going to list the activities that they are going to earn by doing these chores . Each one of my three kids will have their own list . When they get home and read the lists , I know my oldest is going to blow up but I will be ready and waiting for that. My kids don't get alot of tv time the way it is and if they want to mess with me then I will take the tv's completely out of their rooms and sell them . Tv is a very precious thing to my kids because we monitor what they watch and how long . With my oldest I have alot of goodies to take from her if she wants to give me lip and I am willing to take it all . I don't care if her room is left with nothing but a bed in it when we are done , I am going to show her ! I probably sound like a terrible mother but from my view point my kids have it easy because all I ask them is to pick their room up each day and then once a week do a big cleaning on it , this seems to keep those horrible messes, that takes hours to clean ,from happening . The only other thing is what I mentioned before about dishes one night sweeping one night , and then my son does the bathroom one day and helps keep the wastebasket empty in there .
If you have any really good ideas , please leave them in the comments or if you have certain things you have your children do I would love to hear about it . Hearing about these things lets me know that I am not alone in this battle ! Y'all have a good day !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
12 comments:
well my kids are young butthe lip is starting witht he older one who is about to turn 4. His new thing is " Well you don't love me." I know that this is normal but it still drives me nuts. I tend to be the hard ass around here when it comes to the discipline but that is because I am with them all day and I know what has transpired. We too support the others decisions...although behind closed doors there may be a discussion. LOL! Kepp at it gal...my mother did the same things to my brother and I...even though I was more like your son. I've got your back dear!
My son had a bed and a dresser in his room at one point. Nothing else. He is a stubborn little man, almost as stubborn as me, but not quite. Our boys have chores, more than some kids, but not as many as others, so we just keep trying to do the best balancing act we can.
My husband is the OCD one around here and I feel like sometimes I have to work to keep things headed the right way. I want the big stuff to be the character issues, not childishness. Certainly, some of the childish behavior is a manifestation of character, but then that is what I try to focus on. Not the dirty dishes left on the table, but that leaving the mess for someone else to clean up is selfish and not following directions. Trying to be a good parent is exhausting, isn't it?
oh hey, i am glad to know i am not the only mean mom around here. sounds like you've got it under control. glad you liked the answers to the questions today. i hope to have your interview questions up either tomorrow or friday.
Bubbles.. LOL! Thanks!
Solitaire..Thanks !
Sal..it is really good to know that stripping their room isn't something that just I am thinking of doing ! Thanks !
Logo.. it is exhausting.I do try to keep myself in check with the OCD because I understand that not everyone is like me and everyone is different when it comes to cleaning whether they have OCD or not . Thanks !
Blither.. that is how it is here with my son most times . He always helps me cook because he loves it . Thanks!
Lime..nope I can get pretty nasty sometimes , that is why they call me Seargant and The Warden here but hey , a mom has to do what a mom has to do . Just let me know when the questions are ready and I will post them with the answers ! Thanks !
Nope Ms. Breazy, you are not alone!!
I ask my kids to do very little but it is a constant battle and they are only 5, 5 & 7 1/2. I'm at a loss.
The "take away" thing seems to work best. I've even begun to throw toys etc. in a trash bag and put them in the basement if they are not taken care of when I ask. When the twins can read there will be charts - very good idea btw.
But, feel better - I am mean too. That's what the older one says - she's even packed a bag and threatened to run away.
XOXO
maybe it is just me - but your sidebar is all pushed down to the bottom of the page. Have a good day and if you have a chance I have a surprise on my blog.
my sidebar is like that if you are using Internet Explorer. I use Firefox by Mozilla.I have already commented on your blog sweet girl! Congrats !
Sounds like you have a handle on it, girl! The list will work, and the "you dont get to go anywhere, watch tv, eat ice cream, snacks, whatever, until the room is clean!" works around here....
The taking away things only worked on me for a little while. At first it would get to me sooo bad, I would be crushed when I was scolded like that. But after a while and to many times, I finally rebeled and said fine take it. I'm bored with it all anyways. So careful how often you use this. She will find a way to rebel if pushed to hard. I did and finally my poor Mom was at a total loss. Just saying though... I also think it's great you listen to your kids complaints. Sometimes thats what they want all along, is to be heard... :-) Good luck Breazy...
I'm afraid I don't have much to suggest as my daughter is currently only one year old. It sounds like you and the hubby have things really together though. And there is no way you're being a mean mom. There are few tasks that are required and honestly when you get down too it dicipline shows concern and love and probably prepares us more for adulthood than anything else a parent does. Lets face it in the real world there are consequences for our actions and we WILL end up paying them.
The Lumpy
Good for you. It's hard to always be the heavy but it's worth it in the end. My own "kids" are 19, 20, and 23, living at home, attending school and working part time. Often I feel taken advantage of, because they could do more and don't. But overall, they are good people and maturity is slowly starting to sink in. I was strict sometimes, but in retrospect, feel that I could have been more consistent at times. Don't give in. Hang in there.
Best regards from NY! Femdom domina pics free http://www.white-trash-older-milf.info http://www.free-amateur-mpegs.info Alt erotic story depository horney black girls Anal cherries upskirts
Post a Comment