Good morning all ! I don't know about your area but here in beautiful East Tennessee we have been having awesome temps . It has been 75 and above since thursday and I am loving it . We had our Easter dinner after church yesterday and it was supposed to be 80 but when we got out of church and headed for the fellowship hall for dinner it was raining and the sky was nasty and ugly . Yesterday was a rough day for Tennessee and alot of the surrounding states . 15 people were killed in West Tennessee yesterday , 12 in one county and 3 in another , when tornadoes ripped through . Around 8pm last night was our first warning that bad weather was here . My husband ran to Wal-Mart after church and called to tell me to turn the tv to a local station because the National Weather Service had just issued a tornado warning for most of the area . I had just been outside not even an hour before but when I went out this time something completely different was there . The sky was a dark blueish gray , low hanging clouds with a greenish tint to them . I immediately turned to the local weather station and found out that Maryville should be okay as far as tornadoes go but they were expecting severe storms through out the night and wind damage was a concern.
Around 3am a horrible thunderstorm blew through here and it was still going at 5am when a huge crack of thunder woke my 10yr old , I had went back to sleep by this time and she woke me up when she screamed " mom , the house is going to blow away" . I got up and put her in bed with her older sister since her brother was in my bed sick . When I got up at 5:30 the first thing I done was got a cigarette and went out on the front stoop to check out everything and the only thing I could see was our cedar tree is now leaning slightly to the right , other than that everything was as it should be . Knoxville didn't fair as well as we did though , they are dealing with downed trees and flooded roads.
My son woke up with red , irritated , puffy eyes yesterday and I thought it was allergies but as the day wore on I started thinking a bit differently . Around 4pm his right eye started swelling and draining just a bit and thought still that it was allergies because his eyes have been this way before due to allergies . By the time my husband got home from church and his trip to Wal-Mart , I had called my mom and was ready to head to the ER with my son . He has a bacterial infection in both eyes and now has antibiotic drops that have to be instilled in his eyes every four hours . He goes back to his regular pediatrician today for an ADHD re-check and I am going to have her check his eyes just to be on the safe side .
Anyways, I guess that is about all I have to gab about this morning so I am going to be on my merry way ! Y'all have a good day , be safe and take care! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
10 comments:
Sorry about the bad weather. :( This weekend in Houston was absolutely gorgeous! It was sunny and about 80 degrees! ;)
Have a great Monday, Breaze!
YEs i heard the storm....our oldest hates storms and was in bed with us most of the night...he is 3 but tall for his age. We had a nasty storm last night at 730 too! But at least the warm weather is here!
Damasta.. I am glad you all had wonderful weather this weekend . We did as well until yesterday evening .
Bubbles.. yep it was pretty rough and loud around here . Have you noticed that everything seems a bit more green this morning though?
Solitaire..Thanks. Hopefully the rain will end for you all today . Yeah he goes to the doctor in about an hour. Thanks!
that storm hit us too, only around 10ish. Did some damage around the area. The same storm also hit some family members in Dyer County (west TN) - did a lot of damage, and some people died. Everyone in my family is accounted for though. Serious stormage the state had! :|
B.. I am glad to hear that all of your family is accounted for !
Blither.. I like storms too ! We are all freaks about washing our hands anyways and it really pays in a time like this .
i was thinking about youand BS, glad youwere out of the range of the worst of the storm. sorry to hear about your bopy. i hope he gets better soon, those eye infections can be nasty.
Lime.. yeah I am so glad those storms weakened before they hit here because they were headed right over us and then they just kind of simmered down . Thanks , the antibiotic drops are working miracles!
hope your sons eyes get better quick!!!!!
Hey Breazy! Glad you took care of your sons eye thing! Eww!
I wanted to tell you that I'll bet you could make the chicken and NOT the rice, because all that is in the chicken other than spices is tomatoes and a little bit of oil.......anyway, congrats on the diet!
Jodes.. thanks!
Bare..actually I can have rice as a starch each day so I could eat it ! Woohoo! I will be trying that recipe out for sure!
Post a Comment