Tuesday, January 31, 2006

tv and thoughts ...

Last night I watched "Flight 93" on A&E and of course , as I am sure it did all people who watched it , it brought 9/11 back to mind . I can remember everything about that day , the fear I felt , the sadness , sorrow and many , many other emotions . I was in disbelief about what was going on because I , being the naive person that I am , never thought I would live to see a terrorist attack here of that magnitude , if one at all . I sat glued to the tv for almost two weeks to see if any survivors had been found , if any new information was out , and the entire time I kept praying , for this country , the families and friends who lost loved ones in the attacks . Everyday I expect to turn on the tv and have a repeat of that tragic day because we all know it is going to happen again , sooner or later .

Saturday marked the 20th anniversary of a tragic event as well . January 28 , 1986 was the day that the Challenger exploded 74 seconds after take off . I watched the shows that were on tv saturday and my memory floated back to that day as well . I was 10 and I was playing a game in the living room floor in front of the tv and I couldn't wait to see the shuttle take off . I have not saw that footage since that day and seeing it again on saturday still made my stomach turn with fear .

Every morning when I get up I watch Good Morning America and this morning they had a lady on there that was talking about personal time on a computer while at work , for some reason Thomcat came to my mind ... hehe . I also thought of BSoholic and Damasta. Anyways , she said that every company , big or small , is watching every move each employ is making on the internet . She also said that these companies have to allow some personal time online during work hours because the workers don't always have alot to work on . Anyways , I thought that was interesting . I really don't have much to say tonight but I will think of something in the next couple of days ! Y'all have a good one !

5 comments:

lime said...

9/11 was a horror. we knew ppl in the towers. we know families who lost a loved one.

i saw that thing in GMA too. a bit creepy to think someone can see everything you do. big brother is here

DaMasta said...

AAAh.. don't scare me like that! I hope they n-e-v-e-r find my blog! Doh.

Breazy said...

Lime...Awww I am sorry to hear that . Yeah it is freaky to know that someone can watch your every move .

Damasta.. LOL! It is true . They are starting to watch what people are doing online while working .

CozyMama said...

I do not have cable, so I could not watch the movie, but I am not sure I would have anyway...the commercial alone upset me.

Logophile said...

yikes
I didn't watch that movie, couldn't do it.
Recently watched a show about the space program and they talked about the Challenger and Columbia.
So sad.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...