Friday, January 13, 2006

it's friday 13th ...

Here we are again , Friday the 13th . If you are superstitious or you know someone that is , then you know some of the things that people will not do today . For instance , this nation alone will loose $750 million dollars today because alot of people will not shop on friday the 13. Here are some things that we are discouraged to do on friday 13th :
the Navy will not launch a ship ,
Nasa will not launch a shuttle,
buy a car,
close on a house ,
go sky diving ,
get married,
have a baby ( in most cases we have no power over this one),
go on a first date ,
and the list goes on and on . I myself don't have a problem with friday the 13th but my husband , as I have said before , is very superstitious . The funny thing about that is Mr. Breazy was born on March 13 which rolls around on friday every few years . My husband would prefer to stay as close to home as possible on friday the 13th because he thinks that if you are at home then that decreases your chance for bad luck to strike . We are supposed to go away for tonight , just he and I, and I am waiting for him to realize that it is the 13th because he will probably call and tell me that we can still be alone but we need to stay home . What is it about friday the 13th that gets a bug up peoples butts? Have you ever noticed in multi-floored buildings , for those that go above 12 floors, there is not a 13th floor ? It is kind of like standing in line to make a purchase and your total comes to $6.66 , this one I do make the cashier change by either adding something to my purchase or by giving her/him an extra penny .

You can look back through history and notice that anything that was done on a friday the 13th or has the number 13 in it , something has went wrong . Is that because everybody is expecting bad things to happen or what ? I may never know but I do believe that if we are looking for bad things to happen then bad things will happen , but then again I am not superstitious except for the 666 thing . So , my last question is , what will you do today ? Will you NOT do things that you would normally do because it is friday 13th or will you go on about your business as if it is any other day ? If you have any weird superstitions tell me about them in the comments , let me know how you feel about friday the 13th . Y'all have a good day ! :)

11 comments:

James Goodman said...

For me, the day will go pretty much like a normal Friday. I will have to cancel that thirteen person camping trip but other than that...it's business as usual. :D

Bsoholic said...

Yup, I am not superstitious in the least. It is fun to see others worry though. lol!

There's a creepy movie entitled 'the 13th floor' - I barely remember it, so I couldn't tell you what its all about. D'oH! Just remembered it a bit when you were speaking of the 13th floor.

Have a good 13th - and tell Mr. Breazy not to worry too much. ;)

lime said...

i plan to break mirrors, cross paths with black cats while i walk under ladders, and spill salt. i like to live dangerously. hehehehe

Breazy said...

Goody.. LOL ! Have a good day !

Ameratis.. LOL! You have a good day too!

BSoholic..You have a good 13 and I will tell Mr. Breazy even though it won't help! LOL!

Lime.. now you are talking girl! hehe I am not superstitious so I have to make fun of my hubby every now and again !

Tina said...

Being a March 13th baby, I love it when it falls on a Friday. Freaks people out. I think it's hysterical. I was born on Tuesday the 13th which is the Latin American equivalent of Friday the 13th and I'm a LA studies major...coincidence, I think not!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!

Logophile said...

The kids and I went out and played at a museum and had a great day, didn't really even cross my mind to not do something.
I am not superstitious, not about 13 or 666, or anything else.
I also don't believe cold germs target people who don't favor headgear.
:-p

ShyRocket said...

Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me... I love it.

Hey thanks for dropping by my blog this week... feel free to drop by again for a major write about sexual UNassertiveness! Interested to hear your opinions. Bye!

CozyMama said...

I am cool with the 13th..no biggie to me. I too do not like the whole 666 thing, typing it just now gave me shivers.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Isdn 2b d programowanie http://www.quit-smoking-aids-4.info/Web_hosting_company_provider_announced_review.html 20mb kostenlose webspace webhost kostenlos php mysql Pornstar heather lee Ambien at cost Dedicated hosting services.com Cleans contact lens surveillance equipment dealers columbus ohio online web servers http://www.lesbian-10.info Linux web server software ecommerce hosting

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...