I can't remember ever finishing a year out so badly . As you all know my grandmother passed away on December 19th . She had been ill for a while then she contracted pneumonia which caused her heart to give out . That was a hard time for my family with her death being so close to christmas and all . We were all happy that she wasn't suffering anymore but still we had the usual seperation to deal with . The day after my grandmother passed , my husband , my two youngest kids and I spent most of the day in bed sick with the worst stomach virus I have ever had . On Thursday December 22nd we buried my grandmother next to my grandfather who had been gone since 1986 . The next day my papaw , my dad's dad and my only living grandparent , had to be rushed to the emergency room because no one could get him awake and he was bleeding out of his mouth .
My papaw had just had to have a partial amputation done on his right leg in November . Thankfully he didn't have pneumonia but he did have staff infection in his leg from the surgery . The doctors kept saying that papaw was coming home in a few days but Friday night his heart started failing and at 6:15 yesterday morning he passed away . I didn't even know that his heart had started failing the night before so when my mom called and woke us up at 7am to tell us the news, I was a bit shocked I guess you could say . I have broke down in front of my husband a couple of times but other than that I feel very numb . Tomorrow evening from 6 to 8 were are having the recieving friends and then on Tuesday we will have the funeral at 2 and then bury him . It is all so final to me right now, I mean we buried my grandmother not even two weeks ago and three weeks ago I had two grandparents , one on each side , now I have NONE . I keep trying to tell myself that we knew it was coming but it seems a bit too sudden to me .
This past Wednesday I attended two funerals , one was my papaws brother and the other was my close friends mother-in-law. What is up with all the death? I have to admit that I didn't like my great-uncle but out of respect for his family I made an appearance . I hope this post didn't bring anyone down because that is not my intent . I just needed to vent a bit and I didn't want the kids to hear me venting . Thanks all !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
11 comments:
oh breazy, honey.........i am sooo sorry. your poor family has taken several kicks to the gut.
never apologize for needing to vent the grief of things this big. we are your friends and we are here for you.
great big hugs to you and know many prayers for your comfort, peace, and a rest from sadness are being sent your way.
Here's hoping 2006 will be better.
Hugs to you!
my sweetie breazy
2006 will be a gooder year for you and your family. hang in there and keep your faith
Thom
Lime .. thank you so much and hugs right back at you ! :) thanks for being a friend !
Logo..thank you ! Hugs! :)
Thom.. thank you ! If it wasn't for my faith I think I would have went crazy by this point . HUGS! :)
So sorry to hear about another loss for you Breazy ..In my thoughts and prayers hun ..
Breazy sweetie - I am so sorry for your loss. You are going through so much right now - my thoughts and yes, prayers are with you and your family.
Hugs!
Yeah, perhaps you got all the bad stuff over with in 2005. Smooth sailin in '06!
Kali.. Thank you ! How is your mom ?
Snavy.. *hugs you back* Thank you !
Blither.. *hugs you back* I do believe that people are happier when they pass because I believe they get to be those that have went on before us . Thank you !
Bsoholic..I hope so , I am determined to make the best of it anyways because all of those that have died are not suffering anymore here on this hell we call earth . 2006 will be a good year for us but we just have to get out of this valley first one day at a time . Thank you !
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Effects lawyer paxil side Flash mp3 player xml Construction toy marble run travel insurance lithuania
Very nice site! Das tote meer cruise to amsterdam
Post a Comment