Here we are getting ready to start a brand new year and I am wondering how many people are making resolutions and what those resolutions are . Did you know that 95% of the people that make a new years resolution end up breaking them by the end of January ? They sure do ! It makes me wonder why year after year , people keep making those resolutions when they know they won't be kept .
My thing is that I can't sit and think about things or I will never get it accomplished . If there is something I am wanting to do I try to ease myself into it . For instance , in the spring I told myself that I was going to quit smoking and that was that ! But I didn't ease myself into it , I kept thinking " I have to quit , I have to quit" and I ended up smoking more than double my usual amount , so now I have cut down more than ever before and my key is that I don't think about it . Instead I think about the taste of a cigarette or the smell it leaves on my clothes . I don't smoke in the house either , that would kill me because , believe it or not , I can't stand the smell of cigarettes . The kids are always telling me I need to quit and that bothers me so I am really getting it accomplished this time . I smoke the short cigarettes and I can't smoke a full one anymore , which is a huge accomplishment for me . I also want to loose weight but I am not going to drill it into my brain or do the "don't eat that it has x amount of carbs or x grams of fat " chant or I will go the opposite way , instead I will find more time to go walking and buy healthier foods .
So , have you made a New Years resolution and if so , what is it and have you been successful with previous resolutions ? My curious little mind just wants to know . :) If I was going to make a resolution this year , it would be that I would be a better person to any and all . I am not a bad person , mind you , but every single one of us can use some improving . Have a good day !
Happy New Years !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
7 comments:
That is about what I am doing as well Blither except I didn't put a time on myself so that I don't feel pressured . hehe
i hav eto admit, i got so sick of breaking resolutions a few years ago i resolved not to make any more resolutions. it's the only one i ever kept.
i'll be rooting for you to succeed in quitting smoking. good for you!
as for the weight loss, forgive me for sounding like an advertisement. i tried a bunch of different methods. weight watchers, the old points method, is what finally worked for me. i stayed sane on it because i could eat food that i liked. technically you are supposed to exercise with the plan but i had herniate da disk in my back so i was not capable of it at that time. i still took of 25 lbs and did not want to kill anyone in the process. i just thought i's pass that along for what it is worth.
Thanks Lime !
I don't subscribe to the whole idea of resolutions. There is no need setting ones self up for failure just because of a tradition. :)
Happy NEW Year
I always resolve not to smoke.
As I never started...I always succeed.
It works for me!
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Computer portland sale pamela anderson naked bendover renova rosacea business card Dual sided printable business cards http://www.2003-kia-sorento.info Bondage story fem dom darblitz hockey visa business card Nissan skyline r33 abs
Post a Comment