Most days I am reading everyones blog posts early in the morning but today it has been different . I had an extremely long night last night . The story goes like this ..
My 13 yr old daughter , Chesney , went Sunday to a friends for a sleep over . My sons baseball party was scheduled for 6:30 yesterday evening and I had told Chesney that I would pick her up around 5:30 . I went to pick her up and she had just got out of the shower . Her hair was still wet and she had her p.j.'s on and she was walking a bit stiffly . My first thought was that she had been up later than normal the night before and they had just lazily hung out for the day . I also noticed that Chesney was trying not to turn her right side towards me and as I was about to ask her why her friends mother told her to tell me what happened. My daughter had a bad 4 wheeler wreck just minutes before I arrived. I immediately made her pull her shirt and turn circles so I could check her out . The first thought through my head was "EMERGENCY ROOM, NOW" but Chesney assured me she was okay. After going home Chesney said she didn't want to go to the party because she hadn't had time to dry and straighten her hair , which is a must before entering public to her. Our landlord was trimming our shrubbery so I asked if she would keep an eye on Chesney for an hour or so . We were only at the party for around an hour then we came home . I told Chesney that I felt real uneasy about the scrapes and scratches on her right side and back and I thought we needed to go on to the ER . She didn't want to go , of course . She was sitting on the couch and I told her to come over to me and let me look again. OMG!!!! My daughter winced in pain as she tried to get off the couch and watching her walk made me hurt . I asked my husband to walk her to the van because I was taking her in . We got to the ER and they were jammed and as we sat there the pain was getting worse for my daughter . Finally after 2 hours and 45 minutes they called us back . The took exrays and checked her out real good and they kept asking her about the actual wreck . They were really concerned about her right hip and pelvic bone because she couldn't hardly walk and she was hurting terribly bad . What took place was my daughter was making a right turn and she cut to sharply and it flipped her off the atv into a ditch . She landed on her left side and the atv bounced off her right hip/back area . The exrays came back and everything was fine , not even a hair line fracture . The doctor couldn't believe it . He told Chesney that she better be thanking God because by all rights she should have had a shattered pelvic and hip bone . When she woke up this morning her side and back are black from bruising and it looks awful and she isn't walking so well but the doctors told her that she would be more sore for the next couple of days .
I told her that if she ever even thought of getting on an atv ,or anything of it's kind, that I would beat her and she would wish she had wrecked ! I was so scared . And to beat all , my daughter the straight A student wasn't wearing a helmet !!!! WTF???????? We finally were released from the ER about 2 this morning with a perscription for some mild pain pills .
Thank you for listening to my ranting and raving ! Have a good day !:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
10 comments:
OMG sweetie!! Thank God all she has is soreness and bruises!! She's a lucky little girl. Thinking of you all! Hugs!!!
thanks Snavy!:)
Oh my. My heart went up in my chest reading your story. What a scare! I'm so glad she is ok.
oh breazy, how scary! I am so glad nothing was broken. hope she heals up soon from the brusies.
Brian .. thank you ! I am still shook up but I am thanking God for it ! :)
Lime.. thank you ! :)
I'm just glad she's alright. Those ATVscan be scary things.
BTW, I like the pic. Finally I know what you look like.
Thanks Leslie ! It really is good to see you back !:)
I poked in when I saw your comment about your night...the moment I read your daughter was walking "stiffly" I knew. My daughter fell down a mountain in April and the doctors could not believe she didn't have internal injuries or broken bones. She had just turned 14 two weeks earlier. I'm so glad your daughter is ok.
But aren't you a little ticked at the parents for not being more cautious after she fell about moving her? The doctor got on to me about my daughter being moved but she was at a birthday party. Still, I had the mom guilt going so well a Jewish grandmother would have been proud.
Have a good day and from one mom to another I'm so glad she's safe.
oh and one more thing...it's best to get her checked again after a few days...sometimes a fracture won't show up right away in younger people.
Monica .. yes I am a bit mad about her getting up and moving after the accident and I have had a in depth conversation with the mother that was there. My daughter has a follow up appointment with her doctor in a couple of weeks and I have asked for more exrays to be taken of her hip and pelvic bones . Thank you for commenting and I hope you come back ! :)
Post a Comment