Plan A was to upload some pics so you all could see a couple of rooms in the house but I don't know if it is blogger or my crappy dial-up connection that won't let me upload the pics to my blog..grrrrrrr! I am so glad that the cable guy is coming today to see what they are going to have to do to get cable hooked to this house. See our problem with the cable is this, when we lived on this land before we had satellite. Everyone around us has cable so I am sure that it won't be a problem to get it here but they have to check first. If they can come in from the pole behind us that our power came in on then we are good to go but if not then they will have to come from the pole at the end of the driveway and that will cost some serious money but at this point I am ready to pay it because cable is my only chance for a good connection to the internet and if I don't get something other than this dial-up then I am going to wig out over it..heehee! So now I go to Plan B... which is just a plain ole' post.
I was really excited to show you all two pics. One of the kitchen and the other of the living room because we finally bought furniture for in there. We had a minor set back on my kitchen tile that brought on a lot of extra cleaning but it will be worth it when all is said and done. See the night that my dad and husband grouted our tile in the kitchen they were tired and it was like 8PM so they were also hungry so they stopped cleaning up the messy grout and we went out to eat. When we came home they were too tired to mess with the floors so they tried the next morning and the grout had set up. The problem was that in the kitchen on 63, tiles to be exact, the grout was still on the tile part instead of just in the grooves so that set up and now it won't come off.
This past Saturday they tore up those 63 tiles and that is where the mess came in. There was dust from the cement and it got everywhere but they finally got the floor ready and installed the new 63 tiles and they are going to grout it Tuesday when they both have time to clean it. This was a mistake that I am sure more than one person has made if they were going by directions on the back of the bag of grout. It states that the grout doesn't set up for 36-48 hrs. I am just thankful that they didn't have to rip up all of the tiles in the kitchen.
With that being said, I have dust all over my hardwood floors that I will clean later tomorrow because today is packed and then some. Yesterday when we came home from church I cleaned the kitchen cabinets and all the contents in there which was fairly easy thanks to my new dishwasher (my life saver).
I still need a dinning room table and chairs but I am not buying one because Mr. B is going to build the one I want so in the meantime I have this huge piece of carpet left from where they installed carpet in the master bedroom that is in the living room floor and the kids get to eat on that piece of carpet for now and they love eating there because it is in front of the tv which is like a huge treat for them since we always turn the tv off while eating. My middle child said that she thought it was cool for us to sit on the carpet and eat because it is like eating at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants where you sit on the big cushions in the floor..heehee... leave it to Bethany to find something good in a make-do situation.
Well I have a lot to do so I better get started. Y'all have a great Monday, be safe and take care!
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
2 comments:
You know, the anticipation will be worth the wait. We've waited this long...now do we have to wait until we're old and gray too??? Just kidding...you know that.
You are going to need a vacation by the time you are done with all of this. But you know...it'll all be worth it and the best part is that it's ALL YOURS!!!!!!
Jillie... you are so right about the vacation! Mr. B and I discussed that in our frenzy to get here and there with the kids this evening. We have decided that we are leaving on a Wednesday night after church and not telling anyone where we are going. We will have our cell phones with us so if anyone needs us they can call. But we need to get out of here for a couple of days.
Post a Comment