Friday, April 13, 2007

the morning after....

Good Friday morning fellow bloggers ! I have to say that I am so glad to see Friday finally get here because that means that we go buy our living room furniture and I actually get to sleep in tomorrow morning..yay. I could really have used that extra sleeping time this morning after being out so late last night.

As you all know, I purchased concert tickets to Dierks Bentley for my daughter Chesney. That was the only thing that she asked for for her 15th birthday last month. Well the show was last night and it was great.

We arrived at the Coliseum early and it was a good thing because we got a close parking spot and we got in line to go in early. After we had been there for a half hour the line to get in was huge. As we stood in line we could hear Jason Aldean warming up...woohoo! We were in the balcony and we had a great view of the stage. We were allowed to take in cameras but not video recorders however, my digital camera is also a video recorder with sound and all so I did record a bit of Jason Aldean and some of Dierks Bentley. I snapped a bunch of pics and I thought that I would show you some of them today.

The first pic is of Jason Aldean banging on his guitar and having a good time. He done his own version of Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns-N-Roses, these two songs made the crowd go crazy. I promised my son that I would record Jason singing Amarillo Sky and I can't wait to show the clip to my son when he gets home. The only down thing about the concert was that it was sponsored by Bud Light. Of course my seat was right beside this guy who was so drunk he couldn't even focus while looking at something. He was a happy drunk so I guess that is good. He told me he was there to see Miranda Lambert and he didn't really care about the two guys then when Miranda Lambert came on stage I expected Mr. Drunk to be up shouting and swaying but when I looked over he was sound alseep..lol! Anyways, here is the pic of Jason Aldean.















Here is Miranda Lambert. She put on a good show too. I can't remember what she was singing when I snapped this pic. I didn't take too many of her because I wanted all I could get of Jason Aldean and Dierks Bentley. Miranda did have a pretty pink guitar..heehee!














Now here we have the star of the show. Dierks Bentley! The first thing we noticed was that his beautiful curls were gone. He shaved his head a couple of months ago for a video he done he was still looking good though. We also noticed that he had lost some weight, not a major loss but he has lost some. I am sure that being on tour and staying on the road helps a person loose weight.

I was amazed at how each of the singers sounded just like their songs on the cd. I know that sounds silly but a lot of times the singer doesn't have it all together like the cd portrays but all three of these did. Dierks Bentley and his band performed a bit of bluegrass as well and that was really cool.

All together it was a great show and I would buy tickets to any of the three of them again.














The one group that I want to see is Rascal Flatts. They were here in November and I wouldn't buy tickets because we were so busy with getting ready to build the house but the next time they come to town I will be there. I have loved Rascal Flatts since the first time I heard them played on the radio.

It was really nice to spend some one on one time with my daughter too. After the show as we were walking back to our car she kept saying "Mom that was the best birthday present I could ever have got", I am glad she enjoyed it!

Anybody have any interesting plans for the weekend? We aren't going to do much other than go to my sons baseball game Saturday afternoon. Other than that we have nothing planned because we are ready to chill out for a bit.

Y'all have a good weekend, be safe and take care!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Dierks Bentley? Sorry...I am so happy to see you back and that you had a great time for your daughters birthday. Oh how I loved going to concerts back in the day. I was pretty much a head banger and don't remember too much of the concerts. Good thing for cameras...lol! My brother's best friend is a radio station mgr and use to get us tickets ALL THE TIME for free and man we would have fun. My brother would get to hang out back stage at some of them. Loser...errr...I mean lucky guy.
Have fun buying your new furniture. I love shopping for that stuff. I want a new house now....lol

I've missed you so Breazy.
xoxo

Angela said...

Glad ya'll had fun:-). Hubs likes a couple of Dierks songs. I love Rascall Flatts too. I've seen them in concert and they are awesome!!!! If you ever get a chance go.. Also Brookes & Dunn put on one heck of a show too.
Have a great weekend!!
(hugs)

CozyMama said...

oh lord - jillie REALLY should give country music a chance!!! Anyway - that is awesome - too bad you were so far away - would have wanted a closer pic of his gorgeuos locks and his fantastic ass!!!!!! ;)

BKS said...

Glad y'all had a good time. Miranda is from East Texas and a friend of mine is good friends with her older sister or cousin. I think all three are awesome entertainers and yes Jillie does need to "Come on over to the country".

Breazy said...

Jillie.. you need to come out here to good ole' East Tennessee and let me introduce you to country music...LOL! I've missed you too Jillie!

Kali...thanks! I LOVE Rascal Flatts! I really really like Dierks Bentley and I really, really , really like Jason Aldean..heehee! Miranda Lambert is a good one too.

Jodes... actually we weren't that far away, the camera makes it look farther. I should have zoomed in then you could see what we saw more maybe.

Brad...I say we give Ms. Jillie a lesson in Country Music 101...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Lucky! I'd love to see Dierks Bentley. My sister Loves Rascal Flatts. She saw the concert last month and said it was only "OK".

Hugs Sweetie.

Can't wait to see the furniture.. Gonna post pics?

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...