Wednesday, April 18, 2007

happy days are on the way!

To be honest I am very happy but I am about to get happier. I finally got a set date for my cable modem, next Tuesday before noon, so look out because I am back baby! Today when our cable rep. called me back to let me know that we were serviceable for cable without running lines and extra cost, I almost cried with tears of joy! Our phone conversation went like this...

Me: Hello?
CR: Hi, is this Mrs. Breazy?
Me: yes
CR: Hi Mrs. Breazy, this is (name of rep.) from (local cable company) and I wanted to let you know that I was finally able to get out to your place and see if you all are serviceable.
Me: Oh? (I don't know whether to expect good or bad news)
CR: you all are serviceable. We can run the cable from your power pole so there will not be extra cost for all that.
Me: that is good to hear (I am doing a happy dance on the porch over this because I can feel the speed on my computer already..heehee)
CR: now I need to know what package and products you are interested in?
Me: the package that has everything but the movie channels and I want your internet.
CR: okay you want what is called the Big Package. Now concerning the internet, we have three different packages the 3 meg., the 5 meg. and the 10 meg. (then he explains the speed at which they move..which I already knew) So which package would be best for you.
Me: (a bit quickly I say) the 10 meg.
CR: would you like to discuss prices on those?
Me: no, the price doesn't matter to me at this point because I need that 10 meg. and I am willing to pay whatever for it! (at this point I explain to him that I had DSL for two years then had to go to dial-up when we moved to Mom's so that he will know why I am so jumpy on this one)

So it will all be hooked up Tuesday before noon and I am sooooo excited! Oh yeah and go figure.. my dial-up connection has been signing in and moving at 26.4 Kbps since I had it hooked up until today then it signed on at 48 Kbps..can you believe that? Why couldn't this have happened two months ago? I can't wait to call Bellsouth, excuse me, the new AT&T and say "disconnect my dial-up immediately, I have finally received a cable modem since your DSL port is full in my area and my cable modem will be a lot faster than your DSL anyways"! LOL! Actually I won't say that at all, I will be very nice and professional about it and thank them for the service, it might gag me to do so but I will.

I am hoping that my body can hold out for another month with this busy schedule. In a month my kids will be out of school for summer vacation so things will ease up on me a bit. Girl Scouts and Baseball are about to kill me as far as my evenings go. The other night I did have time to make a chicken casserole for supper but other than that I have had to cook things that are quick, like tonight I made beef enchiladas..mmm they were good but when it comes to supper I want meat and veggies people..heehee...the truth of this is that I worry about feeding my children nutritional foods, those quick foods can be mighty fattening if you aren't careful. Cooking relaxes me so I am a bit more tense than normal especially since I have a brand new kitchen and all the appliances or as I call them "my toys" are new.

Make your way back over here next Tuesday and I promise you all that I will have pics posted of the house that I missed posting after we moved to my moms. I will probably be a picture posting fool for weeks to come now that I will have a great connection. Oh my, I can't wait to grab the phone and call someone while I am on the internet..LOL! Do you know how many times I have been online and picked up the phone to call someone and disconnected myself? Too many to count! No wonder my arms and chest broke out in hives a few weeks back...heehee!

Okay I need to go to bed because my eyes have drooped down around my nose.
Y'all have a great Thursday, be safe and take care!

12 comments:

lime said...

i reckon on tuesday i will hear the yeehaw all the way up here in PA....;)

Anonymous said...

YIPPIE! Happy dance happy dance!

Breazy said...

Lime.. you are probably right about the yeehaw!LOL!

Jillie.. Cool, someone to dance with..heehee!

S said...

Im worried about the bill!
Just kidding.
Thats terrific news.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back...well sort of, the big Welcome back will be next Tuesday. I can't wait, I've missed you.:)
tc

Anonymous said...

hooray for high speed internet

can't wait to have you back on a more regular basis

Breazy said...

Susie...believe it or not but the bill will actually be cheaper than what I paid for DSL from Bellsouth!YAY!!! lol!

Top Cat...thank you, I have missed you too and I am soooo excited about getting back to regular blogging.

Snavy..thank you! I can't wait to click on a page and VIOLA it is loaded right then, not five or ten minutes from now..heehee!

Anonymous said...

Only a few more days left...whoot whoot!

I'm always ready to dance...well, except for now that it. But give me another couple of months and I WILL have my dancing shoes on!

Bsoholic said...

Awesome! That's going to be great, you'll be able to surf like you used to. :)

Breazy said...

Jillie..I will wait to dance with you girl!

Bsoholic..I know! I can't wait, I will feel like me again instead of like I have invaded someone elses body that has crappy internet..heehee!

chosha said...

Strange how satisfying it was when my previous internet provider asked why I had decided to change providers and I told them, "because I want ADSL 2+, the new provider rolled out the service to my area four months ago, and you can't even give me a ball park figure as to when you might be doing the same."

All that speed? Trust me, you are going to LOVE it!

CozyMama said...

yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...