First things first . Remember me telling you all about the electric company we are dealing with ? Well today they met my very bad side . I am going to make a long story short and tell you that our power will not be hooked up tomorrow(Friday) it will be hooked up Wednesday. It is a long story that has to do with an inspection for underground wires such as telephone and cable and a permit being issued that is only good for 14 days. I was informed today that our permit expired Monday which was the day before the state inspected my temp pole. The temp pole is all good but we have to wait three days before we get another permit for the underground wires thingy . It would have been real nice if our electric representative had told us that we had been issued a permit and that it was only good for 14 days. Had he done that he would have cause a lot less confusion and kept one of his big bosses from getting chewed out to the max today. I don't know if any of you caught on to the 14 days thing . That means that we could have had our temp pole set and inspected two weeks ago instead of waiting like the electric rep said . I can bet you a hundred dollar bill that by 9 am in the morning he will be regretting his decision not to tell us that a permit had been issued .
To fill in a bit more of the story , I called and blew up on one of the big wigs at the power company . I apologized to him twice telling him that I knew he wasn't at fault but his guy was . What I ended up doing was hurting myself because my blood pressure went dangerously high and I ended up with one of those bad headaches that could almost be called a migraine. Before I chewed Mr. Electric out I did ask a few questions meaning I didn't just blow up over nothing ,even the big wig understood why I was mad . I called them out to our property almost a month ago , just two days shy of a month ago to be exact and the rep we have been dealing with has been yanking our chain since then and that makes the entire electric company look bad so Mr. Big Wig wasn't too happy about that . I wish I were a fly on the wall in the morning in an office at that power company. Our power will be connected Wednesday . To be honest , I am feeling a bit ashamed for blowing up the way I did but oh well it is over and no need to dwell on it so on with my post .
This morning our contractor called to find out why the power wasn't connected . I told him the power company was supposed to come out tomorrow and do it . He told me that my framers were out there right now waiting to get busy so I asked him if we could run Mr. Breazy's big commercial extension cord from my cousins which is right behind my house , he said yes that would be very helpful . So I grab my camera and off we go with the big e.c. Sure enough our framers were there and ready to get at it . They explained the framing process with us and then got to work while I snapped some pictures .
I took this pic while talking to the framer , as you can see they had already started moving lumber and setting up . As always , click on the images to get a better look . Isn't the sky beautiful ?

This one shows most of the completed block foundation except for the back corner on the left side . The block masons done a really good job cleaning the block and cleaning up after themselves, clean workers make me real happy !

Here is a pic showing the back corner I didn't get in the previous one. It is shaping up nicely if I do say so myself !

LOL! I had to get this one of part of the framing crew because I just couldn't resist . I have never saw workers so anxious to get to work, I guess because they are busy guys. The guy that you see there walking by the dirt pile, khaki pants and a cell phone in his ear is Mr. Breazy . Sometimes I hate his phone because it is always ringing therefore he is always on it . When we sit down for breakfast , lunch or dinner I ask him to put it on vibrate so that we can eat in peace because if he doesn't silence the phone then his dinner is interupted with three or four calls .

Even though it is pretty crappy about the power the good thing is , my cousin is letting us use a couple power outlets off of his garage which is about 150ft through that small wooded area where Mr. Breazy got poison ivy. Meaning the framers aren't going to have to stop working and wait on the power to be connected . They can continue to work on it . I am going over there in the morning to snap some more pics because I want as many pics of the framing process as possible . My house is going to be popping up very soon my friends and that I am excited about .
To tell the truth I am ashamed for letting myself get as mad as I did . I haven't been that mad in a couple of years and it doesn't hurt anyone but myself so, no more of that ! I eventually had to take a pain pill to help with the headache and to help calm me down . I have just a bit of a headache , the shaking has stopped but I am totally drained and there is just no sense in it . Once the power has been connected I think everything will go smoothly from here on out . I couldn't be more pleased with our contractor and the subs that have been working over there .
Now , with all that being said let me say that I hope each of you have a wonderful Friday and a wonderful weekend . I may post late Sunday night but if not then it will be Monday evening sometime . Monday I am taking some much needed me time and I am going shopping with a good friend and we are going to have lunch , I can't wait ! Y'all have a good one !
5 comments:
it's a pity that the ranting becomes necessary in order to get people to do their jobs. go relax, hon....and have a better friday :)
I'm so soryy the electric co. guy got you going to the point of pain but I completely understand why you were so angry -- you had every right to be.
Things seem to be coming right along. I'm so psyched for you.
Mr. Breazy and the cell phone business must get tiring -- thank goodness for vibrate. Oooppss that sounds naughty.
Have a good weekend!!
Lime...Thank you , I am having a wonderful day so far !
Snavy... Thank you , LOL! you have a good day too!
just keep saying "today will be a better day." Hang in there girl!!!
Congratulations on getting your power hooked up! Keep the faith.
Post a Comment