I told you in my previous post that we were expecting flurries and if we had them I would get some pictures for you . Well I have come through on that promise however , you are probably going to have to click on the images so that it will be large enough for you to actually see the "flurries" we had. I also told you in the previous post that I would have pictures of our completed block foundation but I forgot my camera when I went over there to check so those will have to come Friday or who knows I may add them in with HNT. In this pic I was trying to get a good angle so that you could see the flurries as the wind was blowing them everywhere so I thought , take one out the back door . Well I am not sure if you can see them or not but here they are . Before anyone asks , yes I have two vans just alike .The only difference is the silver one or as we call it " the smoking van" is a couple of years older and it is for our rough going . The maroon one or as we call it "the non-smoking van" is newer and our "around town, to church van" . The maroon one is also a Warner Brothers edition and the silver a plain Jane . Don't look too close or you will see the writing in all the dirt on the back of the silver one , I haven't had time to wash it and when I do have the time it is too cold .

This pic was taken from the front door . The wind was blowing so hard that I had to stand behind the screen door , with it half open to get this pic . As with the last one , click on it to get a larger view.

This pic was taken out the back door and I think you can see the "flurries" better than you can in the others. I haven't looked at any of these up close .

Now for an update on our property and progress. Not only did the block masons finish the foundation but the state inspector came out and inspected our temp pole and passed it . Friday the electric company is supposed to be out to hook the power to the temp pole (I'm not gonna hold my breath on the E.C.) then on Saturday or Monday the framing will begin. They have told me that it will take six days to get my house completely in the dry and I am hoping that will be six days in a row instead of broken up like the block . That includes the vinyl siding ,shingles , the whole nine yards . I am so excited to see the framing begin because even though it is shaping up with the block foundation now complete , it will look more like a house with each step of the framing . Hopefully in two weeks (maybe sooner, cross your fingers) I will be posting pics of the outside of my house .
There are some changes coming up in my life and I might be offline for a day or two , maybe more but it shouldn't be long . My schedule is going to be busy for the next month but I will still make time to get on and read each of your blogs daily and to post daily here.
Thank you for all the comments about my children . It is kind of weird how when they are little it feels like you will be changing diapers , wiping noses , and cleaning spills for the rest of your natural born life but all I can say is cherish every dirty diaper , every dirty nose and every spill because they grow up fast . I think it was in the spring of 2005 when that thought struck as reality in me . They were on a youth retreat with our church , Mr. Breazy and I had the entire weekend to ourselves and I cried the whole weekend because I was so lost without them . The first night they were gone Mr. Breazy took me out for a very nice dinner and all I could talk about was the kids , finally I asked him " what are we going to do when they grow up and move out"? Mr. Breazy replied " I am sure we will think of something" . Do men not feel the "empty nest" thing getting closer and closer as each day goes by? I have been feeling it for almost two years now and it isn't fun . I am very proud of who my kids are and I am excited about seeing them grow up and to share their lives with them as they choose a career , marriage and children of their own. That I am excited about but I wouldn't rush it for anything in this world . I have never been able to picture myself as a grandmother but I think it will be so special to be holding a life that your child created , wow ! There are some days that I sit down and talk with my eldest daughter and it blows me away at the knowledge she has . She isn't even 15 yet, she will be in mid March but she amazes me . The one thing I have always worried about is , are we incorporating the importance of reading their Bibles and living it , the importance and power of prayer, the importance of attending church and being a good worker in that church . There are days that I , like any mother , worry about these things but then along comes one of my kids and says something that assures me that we are instilling all of that and they are accepting it and putting it to use in their lives. There are many days that my oldest comes home from high school and says " Mom, will you help me pray for this girl at school she..."? that is what assures me that I am getting out there to them . Also for Christmas C asked us for money to buy her friends at school a small gift . One of the gifts happened to be a King James version Bible (the Bible we live by) for a girl that C had talked to a couple of times and she told C that all she wanted was a KJV Bible but her parents wouldn't buy her one .Okay I have to get off the subject of my kids and their growth rate or I am going to need lots of tissues .
Today started out rough for me because my stomach wasn't feeling well so I took the kids to school , came home , took medicine for a bad headache and went back to bed for about an hour . When I woke the headache was gone and as the day progressed I felt better and better . So much better that I got all of my cleaning scheduled for tomorrow done tonight . I still have one load of laundry in the dryer but five minutes will take care of that . I think I am going to use my time in the morning to watch some tv or read a book . I have been watching more tv since declaring on new years that I was slowing down my schedule but I haven't taken the time to read and reading is something I love . Who knows , I might even get on yahoo to chat a while if anyone is on . If you see me there buzz me and we will chat .
I am going to go for now since it is getting late . You all have a wonderful Wednesday , take care and be safe !
3 comments:
hun, you post when it works best for you, no apologies!
and gess, you've offcially had more snow than we've had this winter. it's crazy. i want some winter weather, darnit.
does a mom's heart good to see the kids are 'getting it' doesn't it. well done, mama. big hugs
flurries are ok, blizzards not ok.
If only the ground had been cold enough to stick:-). Ya'll are gonna flip when the walls come up..
Post a Comment