
This one shows the back fill around the house and the fascia board they put up around the top. See how pretty and warm the sun looks? It lies I tell ya ! It is cold out here !

I don't think the picture actually captured what I was wanting but maybe it will if you click to enlarge it . What I am wanting you all to see is part of my front porch is now on . I couldn't walk over there because they done the back fill yesterday and it is all muddy and mud doesn't mix well with leather shoes .

This is a pic of the tile that will be going in the wet areas , kitchen, bathrooms and laundry. I put it on my dinning room table hoping you could have a better view of it . It will match everything in the house . With hardwood I am going with a cabin grade rustic natural wood . Meaning that it will be different colored boards with no stain . I have so many different shades of wood pieces that I needed something that would blend well . Hopefully I will have a pic of that soon but as of yet we haven't ordered the hardwood .

my favorite day of the week ! Good morning fellow bloggers! I hope all of you are off to a wonderful start to your day .
I will be back later to post progress pics of the house . I was over there for about an hour yesterday and didn't take not even one little picture because the framers were putting the fascia board on and I didn't know if that would really show up . So I have to go back over there today and get some pics. Late yesterday evening we went over there and the excavator had done the back fill around the house which means that my porches should go in today sometime . It is every bit of 20 degrees here so it will probably be around noon when I venture outdoors. I also want to give the framers a little time to get some of the roof sheeting on before I take more pics .
It seems this has been my week to make new friends with other bloggers. I have made two wonderful friends through Jillies blog who are like kindred souls G-Man and Top Cat . They are so much fun ,we comment back and forth all day long on each others blogs, as it sits right now one of them has 126 comments ...heehee! Some of you already have these two guys on your blog roll but if not then go check them out because you will have a good time with them . My other new friend , Brad, found me through Lime Monday . He is getting ready to build a shop with an apartment attached to it so I will be checking on the progress daily. Yesterday he gave me a mention in his post so go check him out .
I have been so cold for the past three days , it seems I just can't get warm and when I do I fall asleep . Wednesday I got so cold around 4pm that I put on an extra pair of socks , a sweater over my long sleeve tee shirt then topped it off with my winter coat. This is how I cooked dinner , ate dinner and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. The kids thought it was the funniest thing and wanted to take pics but Mr. Breazy didn't think it was too funny because normally when I get that cold it means I am getting sick however , all that I am having problems with right now are my sinuses , thank goodness ! My kids kept saying "you might be a redneck if you cook , eat and clean bundled up like an eskimo". I say " Redneck I might be but I was a warm one"!
We keep our thermostat set on 72 in the winter so it is nice and cozy in here but sometimes I just get chilled and once my feet get cold you can count me out . Last night when I went to bed I was all snuggled up trying to get warm but I continued to shiver . Mr. Breazy rolled over and snuggled to me to help me get warm and I stuck my feet between the lower part of his legs , it didn't take him long to tell me to move my "ice blocks"...LOL! Normally if I am cold when I go to bed I put my feet between the lower part of his legs and they are warm in no time but last night he wasn't having it because my feet were so cold . I thought my nose was literally going to fall off due to being so cold.
Okay that is all the gabbing I am going to do for now because I am starting to shiver again and it is hard to type when you can't keep your arms still ... lol! I am going to go snuggle back in bed for about an hour then I will get ready to go take some pics . Y'all have a good morning , be safe and take care !
Don't forget to stop back by after noon to see updated pics !
26 comments:
If you'd like Breazy...I have three HUGE dogs I can send over to you. They like to lay "right on you" and trust me with all of that body heat, you are guaranteed to warm up! I hope you're NOT getting sick. But with everything that you have going on right now...you just might be over doing it. Now listen to the nurse...I don't want to have to come down there and "take your temperature" and you wouldn't like that...LMAO.
I will stop over to say hello to Brad and give him a heads up ;o)
Jillie..oh dear , I am afraid of dogs...lol! Seriously I am ! LMAO the temperature taking doesn't sound too fun. Thanks!
I hear you girl, I have been hanging with G-Man longer than Top CAt but they are both great!!!
Jodes... I agree !
Sal..I don't think I am getting sick , I don't feel like it anyways. LOL! I will have the pics soon , I am getting ready to brave the cold outdoors in a few minutes .. brrr ! You too #1!
Whats for lunch?
Shaddup! LOL!
70? Dammit...Sal...you had better make sure there is still some of that "hot" weather for when I get back!
Jillie if you will hold up a bit I will go with you ! LOL!
Thank you for your kind words sweetie.
It's been wonderful meeting you and reading your comments.
The great tentacles of the blog world just keep reaching out farther and farther and that's the way it should be.
I think the tile is beautiful and it sounds like the hardwood floors will be also.
How much land are you on? it looks like there is alot of land around you.
tc
G-Man what would you like for lunch honey? I am at your beck and call and some time in the kitchen will help me relax!
TC.. we are on 1.2 acres I think . It is just a bit over an acre . I can't wait til spring when every thing is lush and green , that is when the land is beautiful ! Thank you , hugs!
Sal.. can you help me convince Jillie to bring me, for some reason I have an appetite for Southern California? LOL!
Sal.. beg her good , this appetite for So Cal sunshine is about to drive me insane! LOL!
You know Breazy...I'll be the guys think the mud goes well with leather....Yeah, bud wrestling in leathers....LMAO
Yay...Breazy's coming to Cali with me
Beg for what oh salacious dude?
LOL....I have a poker face so nobody will EVER know what I am thinking. I just always look like the cat that caught the canary...chirp!
Believe it or not....the few times I have played strip poker...I always ended up quitting...yes, call me CHICKEN! LOL...but hey, I'm honest about it....d'oh!
Holding down the fort well I see.
Good job!
lol, i didn't even know brad read me with any regularity! tell mr breazy he needs to keep you warm, i said so. oh and lfannel sheets.....they are what gets me through the cold weather. love my flannel sheets.
Sal..sounds fine to me !
G-Man.. Thank you !
Lime.. yeah I have my navy blue flannels on the bed right now . I don't know what has me so cold lately. Thanks !
Looks like progress continues despite the cold I see. I do not envy those guys a bit this time of year haha. I like the tile choice. I had some very similar in my previous home and the only thing I needed was those little heating elements under it so it was not so cold on bare feet. BTW I got you in my blogroll but I don't get as many visitors as you but maybe some of them will migrate this way. Have a great weekend!!
Brad .. thank you , you too !
Mornin Breazy.
Morning G-Man , sorry I don't have time to play right now we are moving most of our stuff to storage so I have been extra busy . We are also going to look at new trucks so I will be gone most of the day ! Thanks for stopping by !
Hi Breazy, got the link from Sal. He wanted me to meet another TN blogger. LOL
Hope you don't mind my looking around.
I feel a cool Breaze on my face.Soft and refreshing, and spreading lovely thoughts everywhere....
Thank you Sal and thank you for leading Paige over here .. HUGS... I am kinda partial to Ford F150's myself!
Paige..Come on in and look around all you want ! You are more than welcome here , I am headed to your blog now!
G-Man...Awwwwwww thank you G , you are making me blush like a school girl! You are too sweet ya know it ?
Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to link. The more readers the merrier. LOL
I need to update my own really. I have several saved that I haven't linked to yet. Lazy! LOL
Post a Comment