Tuesday, February 14, 2006

love is in the air !

Happy Valentines Day !!!

So it is that time again when everybody is feeling all ooey gooey over their lover/partner/spouse . Mr. Breazy and I have never put much emphasis on Valentines day because instead of showing each other love and giving each other gifts we try to make it special for the kids . Have you ever made a simple dinner , lit some candles , turned down the lights and placed small gifts at each childs place setting ? If you haven't done this then you should try it . You don't have to cook a huge immaculate dinner just think about the foods that your children like . Arrange the foods on each plate in a restaurant style and they will love it because it makes them feel like a part of something that most people act like they aren't supposed to be a big part of . Get sparkling grape juice and bring out the wine glasses . I collect wine glasses and my kids love it when they get to drink out of them . We get each child a small box of chocolates , normally a small stuffed animal and of course a card .

Anyways , that is how I will be spending my valentines day except I will have to do it on thursday instead because my son is terribly ill with strepthroat and won't be able to eat good solid food for a day or two . I wish each and everyone of you a wonderful Valentines Day !

How do you usually spend your Valentines day or what do you plan to do this year ?

10 comments:

Angela said...

Well sometimes we go have a nice dinner and a movie maybe. Or go on a walk. I've even did the romantic dinner thing at home with candles everywhere and nice music playing, picnic style then dance barefoot around the living room to the song we got married to. BUT this year I'm alone and I'm going to watch a bunch of chick flicks like Father of the Bride and the Notebook. With some popcorn and veggie tray. :-)

Angela said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you in Mr. Breazy :-)

Breazy said...

Awww thank you Kali.. Happy Valentines to you too !

Read This said...

I just discovered your blog....nice writing...I put it in favorites...thanks.

lime said...

oh i like that idea. what a terrific thought! hope you all have a great time. hope the lil breazy boy feels better soon!

bubbles said...

I, too, am married with kids and we try to make it special for the kids. We have our time later...sometimes we get a few hours while on another day when I drop the kids off at my parents house. I am sorry to hear that strepthroat is hindering this time for you today but at least you are postponing it! I have linked you over at my place, by the way. HAve a great Valentines day, whenever that may be!

Bsoholic said...

That's a cool idea! I should probably wait until I have children first though. :P

Debi said...

Happy V-Day! I plan on going home and sleeping until this terrible day is over! LOL

Logophile said...

BS~ just invite some random kids over, it is more exciting that way.
Breazy~ This is a fun idea!

chosha said...

That's a cool idea. I bet the kids felt totally special. Happy (belated) Valentine's!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...