Sunday, February 12, 2006

this , that and blah , blah , blah

Hey all ! I am just in a talking mood tonight so bare with me .

I got a huge disappointment soon after I got out of bed . I turned on the tv and found out that Michelle Kwan dropped out of the Olympics because of a fall early yesterday during practice . One thing I have to say is I admire her for dropping out , even though I would love to see her go on and win gold , because she knows her body and it's limits and if she thinks that she can't perform her best due to an injury or whatever then she owes it to team USA to drop out so that another contender can come in and take her place . I just really hate to see her go ! I just watched Apolo Anton Ohno fail to qualify for the relay that he won gold in , in Salt Lake City 2002 however , he has four more (I think) events to qualify for so he isn't completely out , thank goodness . Yesterday 19 year old Hannah Kearney , the reigning World Champion in the womens moguls , failed to qualify . Her coach said she was worried about landing her first jump and therefore when she came out of the gate ,on the second turn she stumbled and didn't regain her composure throughout the rest of the course which put her at 22nd out of 30 competitors .

During church tonight my son starting looking a little pale so I put my hand on his forehead to check for a fever . He felt just a bit warm , nothing to get alarmed over but when we got home he ate dinner then went straight to his room , put his pj's on then got in bed and turned on his tv . This is very strange behavior for my son , normally we have to tell him to get his night clothes on and get in bed . My husband went in to check on him and called for me to bring the thermometer in and check him and sure enough , his temp was 101.8 so back to the doctor we go .

Our "snow" that we were supposed to get really didn't impress me so I am waiting with my fingers crossed that we will get some more another time , it was really pretty watching if fall though . Unless we get six inches or more , that sticks and stays , I won't be impressed .

And last but not least , I have a friend from church that reads my blog periodically and I just want to give him a big shout out . We will call him "W" ! Hey W ! Y'all have a good night and come back again when you have time and we will chat some more about this and that !

7 comments:

Logophile said...

I hear the snowboarders are looking good, and hey, there is always curling.
Nothing like watching a good ole riproaring round of curling to get the blood moving!

lime said...

yeah i gotta hand it to michele kwan for not being a diva about the whole thing. that was classy.

i'm weird i like the curling and the speed skating.

Bsoholic said...

Oh no, another sick kid? Will it never end?

Breazy said...

Logo.. Yeah so far the snowboarders are looking good , I just hope it stays that way ! LOL!

Lime.. it was very classy and I also like the curling and the speed skating . As a matter of fact , I don't think there are any events that I don't like . :)

BSoholic.. yeah my son has that crud the rest of us had a few weeks ago. I hope it ends soon ! :)

Miss Innocent said...

Here's hoping ur sone feels better soon. My son just got over another bout of illness, but now one of the cats is sick! Summer can't get here fast enough!

Miss Innocent said...

Crap! *son

Breazy said...

Miss Innocent..Thank you ! I hope your cat feels better soon !

BigSexy .. Thank you !

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...