Saturday, February 18, 2006

brrrr...again

The weather here in East Tennessee never ceases to amaze me ! Thursday we reached a high of 70 and let me tell you , it was a beautiful day . Yesterday started out not to cold but we knew that the temp would start dropping afternoon and sure enough it did .

We took the kids to see "The Chronicles of Narnia" at 1 , it was over at 3:30 and when we came out of the theater we all got a chilly surprise . The winds had picked up a bit and it was cold . Btw.. I loved the movie . The way that I would describe the movie is a kids version of Lord of The Rings and yes I am a LOTR fan . Anyways , throughout the afternoon and evening the temp just kept creeping lower until the wind was just about too much to handle . This morning I have to take my 10yr old to her girl scout gathering . The are doing "Thinking Day" today and it starts at about 8:30 this morning . For those of you who don't know what Thinking Day is let me tell you about it . Each girl scout troop picks a country that they want to represent and they spend months studying the culture , foods and just the ways of that country . My daughters troop choose Cananda this year because in June of 2007 her troop is going to Niagra Falls . The troop made the original Canadian girl scout uniforms and they will be wearing them today .

Anyways, I guess I better sign off for now because I need to take her on over to their meet . Y'all have a good day and be safe ! :)

3 comments:

lime said...

sounds like a great 'thinking day ' project. hope youall had a great time

Penny said...

I came to visit your blog because I loved the comment you left on House of Lime's site, re: your wonderful marriage. I admire that. BTW: I'm a grade 1 teacher from Wpg., Canada. If I can be any help to your daughter's project please email me at pennyhalston@hotmail.com.

Bsoholic said...

Did the kids get out of school today? (Monday)

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...