Tuesday, April 29, 2008

celebrating another year of life.....

Good morning Blogland! I can't remember a day that has started out so great in a long time. Most mornings I am grumbling as I pull myself out of bed but this morning Mr. B woke me when he slipped his arm around me, kissed my neck and whispered "Happy Birthday Beautiful". Wanna talk about making a girl feel special!

My opinion on birthdays differ from a lot of people's opinion. A lot of people look at it as doom and gloom because they are getting older but I just can't do that. I feel it is a time to be thankful for living another year. I am not saying everybody should gather around you shower you with gifts, cake and all of that and make a big deal out of it. Instead I think we should all celebrate the past year of life and start praying for the best in the coming year. If you have had a hard year then celebrate the fact that you made it through, learned from it and start looking for a better year this time around. I am simply saying it sure beats the alternative if you know what I mean.

With that being said, today I am thanking God for the last year. The year may have had some small bumps in the road as each year usually does for every breathing human being but I feel that those valleys we go through help form who we are. Wouldn't the perfect, burden free life be boring? Think of it this way, if we all lived perfect lives we wouldn't have mistakes to learn from which make us stronger nor would we have the friendships that we form while going through life's troubles. God never promised that the hill would be easy climb, He did however promise that He would only put on us what we can handle and that He would be there always and that includes getting older. Age has really never bothered me because I feel that we are only as old as we want to be and I do know and understand that the body doesn't always agree with the mind but if you keep your mind in a positive field then those times when the body isn't what it once was things go a lot better.

I am not only thanking God for another year of life but also thanking Him for all the wonderful people, you included, He has put in my path, I am truly blessed to have the family and friends that I have.

With that...y'all have a beautiful day and at some point today I ask that you stop, take a look around you, count your blessings and thank God for them. Sometimes doing this will put a different perspective on things and we see that it isn't so bad even if we are getting older every year.

Before I go, I want to thank Mona for the beautiful birthday post she published in honor of my birthday. Thank you!

8 comments:

G-Man said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Breazy, you have been one of my most loyal readers from the beginning of my blogging career. You are kind, careing, and classy.
You are a wonderful Mom, a very loving wife, and a great human being!!
Have a great day....G
xox

Mona said...

Happy Birthday once again Dear Breazy.
I remember how I forgot to wish you last year on the 29th & was so upset.

may you have a great Day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL day Breazy and yes, we all should stop and take a look around us more often than not!

XOXOXO

How is your son?

Breazy said...

Galen...you are too sweet! Thank you. HUGS!

Mona...Thank you!HUGS!

Jillie...I am having a wonderful day and thank you again for the b-day card, I received it yesterday. Ty is doing good, still getting tired easily but otherwise good. HUGS!

lime said...

you have a great perspective, breazy and your husband gave you what i consider to be a beautiful and precious gift when it is something freely and sincerely given.

have a very happy birthday and many many more.

James Goodman said...

Wow, I love your outlook on Birthdays.:D You've been blessed with a caring heart and an observant eye. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (Even if I am a day late). ;)

Here's to another good year for you!

Politically Homeless said...

belated....but Happy Birthday!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...