Sunday, April 13, 2008

unheard of...

a post on Sunday is not something you would usually see here in my little space of blogland but today is a different day. I am bored out of my mind!

On a normal Sunday I would be at church at this time but Ty, my son, is sick with sinus and allergy problems so I had to stay home with him. I have cleaned about as much as a person can clean, I watched Daddy Day Camp..it was a cute movie, I have done laundry and there is basically nothing left for me to do now so I would rather be online than watching tv especially since there is nothing interesting on at the moment. On top of all of this, it is cold and rainy outside.

We have been in the mid to upper 70's all week until today where we are at about 50 and tomorrow they are expecting snow flurries. Yesterday was a rare day for us because we had nowhere to be and nothing to do but stick around the house and get those "round-to-it" things done that everyone needs done but never has time to get to. We were outside all day yesterday and it was absolutely gorgeous out there. I was in a tank top and shorts since it was very warm and we were doing yard work. I have never been one to sunburn while out in the sun, sometimes my skin turns a bit pink but usually turns to tan by morning. While out in the sun yesterday there was one major factor that never even hit my brain, my body is different than it was last summer. All I had on my mind was getting outside and enjoying the day but never once did I think to grab the sunblock and lather myself up because as I said before, I never burn. By nine o'clock last night I was in pain. I have never had a sunburn this bad before and oh my at how red I am. It is on my arms, shoulders, chest, and my legs. The worst part of my legs is from the knee up..ouch is all I can say right now.

I was sitting on the couch last night trying to think of what could have made me burn so badly when Mr. B says to me..."Heather, did you consider that since last summer you have started taking a new medication and maybe it doesn't agree with the sun?" After that I got online to research a bit more about my medication which is Premarin. I couldn't find anything about being careful in the sun, actually no info on the medication mentions being out in the sun at all. My body has changed since my surgery and maybe I just need to be more careful from now on, I can assure you that since this incident I will lather up ridiculously good next time I plan on spending the day outside in the sun. The funny thing is my face didn't burn at all, it didn't even turn pink and it should have because I didn't have my head bent down away from the sun. Normally my forehead, cheeks and across my nose turn pink whenever I am in the sun but I don't think I even got sun on my face yesterday, the whole sunburn thing is really weird anyway. Oh well, stuff happens eh?

Well, I better sign off and go check on Ty. Y'all have a lovely day, take care and God Bless!


4 comments:

lime said...

people think i am crazy when i say it but my skin changed after i had children. my complexion got lighter and i had to start wearing sunblock. so i don't find it hard to believe that your surgery might make your skin more sun sensitive. be careful out there....and send us some warm weather too if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

I agree, your body HAS changed. I've never had a problem with burning myself and I haven't noticed anything since I had my hysterectomy in 1992.

I've been wanting to get out in the yard and do some work lately. This wknd it was over 90 here and man was it HOT! Too hot. Now today it was only 68 on the coast. Talk about strange.


Hope your sun is feeling better. Sinus infections are miserable!

XO

James Goodman said...

I hope your son feels better soon.

chosha said...

It may also be that you've spent more time inside this year, too, with being ill and even with working more, so you might not have built up a protective tan.

No idea though, really. Body chemistry can account for a lot of unexpected changes.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...