Friday, April 04, 2008

1 year....

Today marks something very special for my family and I, we moved into our newly built home one year ago today. I can remember moving boxes and furniture in here last year and being so tired that I came to a point where I didn't think I could lift another box if my life depended on it. I remember worrying about not getting any sleep that night because of being in a new place and knowing that I needed all the rest I could get since we would be moving more stuff the next day, anytime we travel or move into a new place I have trouble sleeping. When we go on vacation every year it takes me two or three nights to adjust to my surroundings and get peaceful sleep but a year ago I went to bed and I think that is the best night of sleep I had had in a long time at that point. Even though it has been a year it sure doesn't feel like it so therefore I guess you could say the new feeling of the place still hasn't worn off, not for me anyway. Some days I just sit back, look around the place and still I can't believe that we finally have our house on our land, it just seems so unreal to me at times and I assume that is because for fourteen years we dreamed of building on this particular parcel of land.

Some of my family and friends laugh at me a bit because I still don't have a lot on my walls. After wanting this place for fourteen years I have kind of had a problem putting holes in the walls for hangings and what not, I am working on it though. I have several pieces of wall decor sitting in my living room in various areas that I am trying to decide just where to put them, they will go on the walls this weekend. I would like to sincerely thank those of you that listened to my endless chatter about the progress of construction and every stressful thing that goes with building a home.

I am trying to hurry here because we have very severe storms headed our way that should arrive within the hour or so and they will stick around until some time tomorrow morning. Speaking of tomorrow...we are going shopping for Chesney a car. She has had her license for two weeks and we still haven't bought her a car yet, she is currently driving her grandmothers Toyota Camry.

I was going through old pictures the other day and ran across one of Chesney when she was about two years old. In the pics her very blond hair is in two pony tails on each side of her head, she has on blue-jean overall shorts, a pink t-shirt, a brand new pair of Keds and her purple Playtex butterfly shaped pacifier is in her mouth. She was sitting in her pink child size lawn chair gazing off into the distance in deep thought about something. That picture is one that I will treasure all my life and one day next week I will show it to you all. Chesney has always been a deep thinker, when she was little sometimes we would go out for a burger and while waiting in line to order she would add up everything on the menu and then start playing around with it in her head. While eating we would listen to her endless chatter about how much it would cost you if you bought one of each item offered on the menu, then she would change it up with a few items then she would add something to that or take away from it. Needless to say we never had to look at the price of what we were buying at a fast food joint because we knew exactly what we would spend down to the penny because of her. She also used to count the ceiling or floor tiles while grocery shopping, it is actually called pattern thinking and she has really blown me away with some of the stuff she has calculated in her head in mere minutes of entering a place of business...no wonder she is so good at math.

Well I better sign off and hit the shower before the storms come. Y'all have a great day, be careful and God Bless!

4 comments:

James Goodman said...

Wow, has it already been a year? my, how time flies. :D

Have fun car shopping. :D

Breazy said...

James...I can't believe it either, as a child a year took forever to go around but as I get older they are zooming by. Thanks!

BKS said...

Wow a year huh? I think as we get older they somehow remove weeks from the calendar. Hope you find a great car for your daughter. I am enjoying my new truck for sure. Always exciting when looking for that first ride though. I remember taking my daughter around looking several times and trying to "help" her decide on what she wanted haha.

Hope you survived the storms. We have had some pretty good ones here lately.

Politically Homeless said...

It doesn't seem like a year, but time does fly when you are having fun.

Congrats on your "Houseiversary"!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...