Yesterday the kids were out of school for teachers development day and that is their last day out until summer break which begins on May 22 for them. I can't believe the year has flown by as quickly as it has. Today Chesney drove to school for the first time, she had to wait until she got a parking pass and they weren't selling them until this past Friday..she was a very happy little camper this morning.
We bought my son a four wheeler last week. It isn't a brand new one, Mr. B bought it from a friend of his and even though it didn't come off of the showroom floor you can't tell a difference because it has been taken care of. The four wheeler has an adjuster on the gas gear so that you can set it on a slower speed for smaller kids so Mr. B had it set close to the slowest speed but he forgot to really tighten the adjuster and we didn't think about the movement of the machine to jar it loose. Well Sunday as I was cooking lunch Ty came in the house crying, he wrecked the four wheeler. He was showing out for our little neighbor girls by doing donuts in the road when he lost control of the thing, went up on two wheels and headed straight for the fence. God had a hand in the wreck because the four wheeler actually lodged in the fence throwing my son not only off of the machine but also out of his shoes and one sock. He walked away with scratches from the barbed wire fence all up and down his right leg and around his left ankle, not to mention that he was scared out of his wits. He got in trouble because he wasn't supposed to be riding in the gravel at all, he was supposed to be riding in the field across the driveway from us. The wreck also made him understand why we will not let him ride without a helmet and other protective body gear.
For Christmas Mr. B and I had talked about buying one of the new big screen tv's but we didn't take time to save and we do not like to make a purchase that big unless we save for it, we do this because Mr. B owns his own business and you never know how work will be from month to month. So we started saving for it and finally Friday we went and bought the tv. I figured we would have to wait on the cable company in order to get a HD box but we were able to take our regular cable box down to our local cable office and swap it for the HD box. Where our trouble came in was getting everything hooked up in it's proper place then once that was done we had to buy an HDMI cord. We got the cord home and realized that you don't connect it with the cable box instead you connect it to your DVD player and ours wasn't HD compatible so we had to go buy another DVD player in order to watch DVD's and get the HD clarity. We watch a lot of movies so this was a must have for us. The first movie we tried to watch was Transformers. Without the HDMI connection the movie looked horrible. Everything had a green hue to it and the pixels looked huge on colored objects. After playing with the remote for about five minutes we turned the movie off and went to purchase the new DVD player. Now we are all set! It took a day or so to adjust to the new tv because #1 it is a lot bigger than our other tv and #2 the clarity is awesome compared to our other tv. Our other tv is only about three or four years old so the clarity on it is very good, it just isn't HD compatible and all that. CSI:Miami is one of our favorite shows to watch and let me tell you, it is so awesome to watch it in High Def.
I guess I better sign off for now, the dryer is
5 comments:
Wow, your son was very lucky indeed. I'm glad he didn't get really tangled up in that barbed wire.
Congrats to your driving B. I bet she is on cloud 9. :D
and also a big congrats on your TV. :D
Thanks James!
Breazy...
I wish MY dryer could call my name..*sigh*
Have a great day..Lady Heather!
xoxox
Galen...sometimes I wish mine didn't call my name because it always seems to be finished when I am busy with something else. Take care!
HUGS!
Those ATV's are SO dangerous! Glad your little guy didn't get hurt worse.
As far as the tv's go and all that high techi stuff...I couldn't figure out any of that stuff if my life depended on it...lol! I let Robert take care of all of it.
Post a Comment