Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers regarding my son. Yesterday Ty felt like giving school a shot. He was still weak and draggy but otherwise okay. I took him and talked with is teacher for a bit about his do's and don'ts right now. About 8:30AM Ty's teacher called me and she was worried. Ty had been sitting at his desk doing his work one second and the next second was violently throwing up in the trash can behind him. I picked him up and as his doctors office instructed me to do, we headed for Children's Hospital. After more blood tests and going over and over with me about the vomiting they came to the conclusion that my son has acid reflux which is inflamed because of the pneumonia. They told me to take him off of the Levsin and they wrote me a prescription for Zantac. He was to take 1 tsp thirty minutes before breakfast and another tsp before dinner. This morning was his first dose and it didn't do well at all. Within half an hour after breakfast Ty started having some abdominal pain that got worse in the span of about twenty minutes, once the pain hit it's peak he ran to the bathroom and vomited more violently than he has throughout this entire illness. About twenty to thirty minutes after vomiting his stomach finally quit hurting and his color has come back. I have decided not to get my panties in a wad yet and give it another go at dinner, if we have a repeat of this morning then he will go back to the E.R. at Children's Hospital.
Good reports from yesterday are that his electrolytes are good which means, praise God, he isn't dehydrated at this point and how he isn't I don't know.
Please continue to pray for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
11 comments:
oh that poor boy. he must be absolutely wrung out. prayers going up that the food can stay down.
Lime...thank you so much, I really appreciate all the prayers. HUGS!
I do hope they get to the root of the problem soon. He can't survive with all of that wretching going on. Just a word of advise, Zantac is an old medicine and there are so many others that word SO much better!!! Maybe a 2nd opinion? Just my 2 cents worth. My thoughts and prayers are with you Breazy!
((HUGS))
Bless his heart. I hope he's doing much better..
Jillie..the morning episode must have been from something else because he is doing fine now. Thanks! HUGS!
Angela...hey girl! Thank you so much!
Oooh Breazy honey, that is so horrible.
For you and for him both, Im glad its going better.
Hugs
Breazy...
I'm so sorry baby...
Give the boy some pedialyte popsickles, or some regular ones. I love red pop sickles!!
puking in school is very embarrassing, I hope he doesn't catch too much crap about that...
You have my prayers sweetie..G..xoxox
Logo...thank you! HUGS!
Galen...we have been doing the pedialyte pops and the drink. Luckily he got sick in the trash can and all of his fellow students felt sorry for him so there was no rubbing about it. Thank you so much! HUGS!
Hey breaze, i got back into blogging today and thought i'd stop by.. imagine my surprise to hear you're going thru such a tough time w/ ur boy :( i wish him well *hugs from houston*
I hope he's doing better.
xoxo
That is so sad. I hope & pray to God to make Ty well soon.
(((HUGS))) to you & your little one. God Bless you.
Post a Comment