I am wiped out and there is no other way to say it. Before I get any farther with this post I want to thank Shari for awarding me with the "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. This is what she said about me "she's a breath of fresh air and so likeable. She talks to you like you are one of her friends". Isn't that sweet! Thank you so much Shari for awarding me with the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award.
I want to apologize to all of you for not making over to read your blogs this week but basically this week has been a week not worth repeating. As you know I started my job with orientation on Monday, a class on Tuesday then yesterday (Wed.) I went in for a regular day. I love my job, I love the people I work with but the hours are going to take some time to get use to. Every one in the hospital that I have came in contact with are extremely nice, they treat you as if you they have known you for years and it is like one huge family over there. We have this huge office that is filled with rows of files, everything is kept in a certain order and very organized. The view over the river is breath taking especially first thing in the morning. My days are starting at 4:30am when I get up and they end around 6:20-6:30pm when I get home. It takes me about forty five minutes to drive there because I hit several areas along the way that are congested or have low speed limits for various reasons. Then it takes about eight to ten minutes to walk from where I park to the office I work in. Even though I have only been in the office for two full days, I pretty much have the two computer systems down pat. I haven't been afraid to sit and play with the comp. systems so I have learned fast.
Have you ever really got to look at X-Ray films at all? They are cool! Part of my job description is to load the film on to the reader so that the dr.s can come in and read them, Yesterday I was unloading the hanger and I was really examining each one because there is a certain way they have to be loaded and there is a certain way they have to be taken down and put in the file. Ms. B was showing me the ropes on this procedure and we had saw one of a woman that had sometime in the past had a mastectomy on her left breast and she had had an implant put in, that looked like a jelly fish on the film. Another woman had not removed her earrings or necklace and these pieces of jewelry looked like they were suspended in the air several inches above the bones, pretty neat actually anyways, this one I was looking at was of a male and I could see his necklace but there was something down around his pelvic area. Ms. B said all of the sudden, I wonder why this dude is carrying a yo yo in his pocket? I laughed til I nearly cried when I realized that she was very serious, upon closer inspection I saw that the object in his pocket was indeed a yo yo. Until yesterday I never knew how pretty bones can be.
Speaking of breast, on October 20 my two daughters and I are volunteering to work a stand at the Race for Cure. The department I work in volunteers for all kinds of things every year and my daughters and I are excited to be doing this.
Sometime this weekend I will get by to read your blogs and again I apologize for not being there already but my time is very limited. Last night I got home at 6:20 pm, I walked in the house and went straight to my room to change for church. As soon as we got home from church I put my pj's on, washed my face, brushed my teeth and then went to bed.
Have a beautiful day!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
6 comments:
Stop APOLOGIZING!! we love you and know you are busy besides it makes it extra special when you can drop by.
I'd rather you take some time for yourself on your porch with a cup of coffee than be blogging.:)
hugs
tc
Are you a film librarian?
I'm an X-ray tech. I love film librarians so much I married one 11 years ago.
Congrats on being a rocking blogger. I hope some nice nap time is just around your corner.
You're a full-timer now. That's understandable. Soon I will be starting classes and I don't know how much time I will have for blogging/reading blogs. We'll see.
That's cool that you are getting the hang of your job so fast. :)
And you deserve the Rockin' Girl Blogger award.
Keep on rockin'. :)
Sounds like you have your plate full but in a good way.
Im glad things are going well for you and that you are enjoying it.
You take your time and enjoy your family and dont worry about the blogs. That is the beauty of these things, they just stay there and wait for you!
There's no need at all to apologize Breazy! Do what you gotta do. Blogging shouldn't interfere with real life.
You're working hard! And what you and your daughers are doing for breast cancer is laudable! Hugs to you all for that! xoxo
Post a Comment