Tuesday, August 14, 2007

this, that, and some more Tuesday...


My kids were in a really good mood this morning, when I squealed the tires on my mini-van pulling out onto the main road they loved it and that just pumped their mood up more. It is really hard to see if cars are coming from the left when pulling out onto the main road here because it is a big curve and this morning I was half-way out when here comes a little nissan flying , I was already half in the road so instead of stopping I hit the accelerator which caused my back tires to spin in the gravel then catch on the pavement and leave black marks. All three of my kids were like " that is so cool mom, I didn't know you could burn rubber in a mini-van" , so hopefully after this morning they will quit giving me a hard time about the mini-van.

I got a surprising phone call yesterday from my 18yr old cousin. He is in the Marines and he is currently stationed in Hawaii, it was so good to talk to him. He said they were buckling down and getting ready for Hurricane Flossie but I was a bit concerned when I got up this morning and heard on the news that there was an earthquake over there during the night however, no one was hurt. The meteorologists say that Hawaii will not take a direct hit from Flossie, instead the Hurricane should move by just south of the big island and that is good news even though I know that they will still have to deal with the winds and rains from the hurricane. Hawaii has been in a very bad drought state so the rain is much needed and that is what concerns me. Either way I know that my cousin will be taken care of.

Girl Scouts has started up again and they are going full force. My daughter had a meeting last night and they are having a parents meeting tonight and I can't attend because I have to go sing with my church choir at another church. Ms. D, the troop leader, told me that there is a lot of paper work and she will just send it home for me to read over.

I don't know about anyone else but this heat is reeking havoc on my allergies and sinuses. For the past two days my stomach has been upset from the drainage and after I wake up, even with allergy meds, it takes me about four or five hours to get "cleared" up which isn't much better.

The trapped miners in Utah has been weighing heavy on my mind for the past week. It must take a different kind of person to be able to work those mines knowing that they could collapse. I couldn't do it because I do not like small, dark, closed in places, I get a little panicky just watching the coverage of the men working to remove the rubble on tv. It is pitiful but I am more than just a bit claustrophobic. I pray that this third hole they are digging will reveal more about those six men and I pray for them and their families and those that are trying to rescue them.

Starting this coming Monday, the 20th, I will be posting at night instead of morning. I will be getting up at 4:30AM to get ready for work because it takes me almost an hour drive from here to there. The reason it takes so long to drive is because the route I take has a school zone and several congested areas where the speed limit is 20-30 MPH, however this route is much quicker than if I were to hit the highway then exit off on the Cumberland Strip that runs right through the University of Tennessee campus then I would turn right onto a huge bridge called the Henley Street Bridge. The pic above is actually the Henley St. Bridge and the hospital I will be working at is to the left immediately after crossing the bridge however the employee parking lot is on the right after crossing the bridge. I especially don't think I could cross it after the bridge collapse in Minneapolis.

Well I think I will sign off for now and get things done around here. Y'all have a beautiful day, be safe and take care!

10 comments:

Logophile said...

My kids love it when I make the van dance. We have a private road so I will swing back and forth to the music. Course, they REALLY dig it when I do that on the motorcycle.

Breazy said...

Logo..That sounds like fun if I do say so myself! My kids just keep acting like I am ancient because I do drive a mini-van. The silly things don't understand that it is so much simpler to have a mini-van when you have children.

Anonymous said...

I never made any cool marks with my minivan. Other than the sideswipes I did, but that wasn't to cool. Oops.

Cheers Sweetie. Life's doing fine over here in Viva Las Burn my Ass. Temp got up to 113 in my backyard yesterday. OUCH!

BKS said...

beautiful bridge there......and minivans......i remember seeing one with a tubo charger that outran a camaro on the dragstrip.....made it look like camaro was sitting still....true not your normal "hot mom" minivan

Hope you are doing well and we are finally into a normal Texas weather pattern here.....it got down to all of 84 for the low last night here and was 102 at 11:30 this morning.

Breazy said...

Blither...LOL! Yeah I am excited about fall and the cooler temps it will bring.

Brad...if I had my choice of car, I would be driving a Monte Carlo SS Super Charged but with three kids that isn't going to happen again..lol! I have been to Texas so I know exactly what kind of weather you are talking about.

SoCal Sal said...

Hey there Breazzzzzzzzzzy!

Work is craaaaaazy My blog time is severely limited. LOL

Hope all is well sweetie!

Breazy said...

Sal...Hey! That is okay my blog time is too and will be more so after next Monday. It is so good to see you back in the comment sections. All is well thank you!

S said...

Hi Breazy! Sounds like a fun adventure had by all!

Dan said...

What adventure is S talking about??

Hey Breazy! Moms who burn rubber are cool! And don't worry about your cousin. He'll be fine. But what the heck kind of name is Flossie for a hurricane?? Sounds like a character in a children's cartoon!

Good luck with that commute and job!! xoxo

Breazy said...

S... the kids really enjoyed it however I have to admit that my heart was beating overtime because I thought we were going to be hit..lol!

Dan...must be the burning rubber part. Yeah I had that exact same thought when they named this hurricane, I mean couldn't they have thought of something better than that? Thanks Dan!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...