Sunday, March 04, 2007

life in the fast lane...

It has been a few days since my last post so I thought I would get on and give an update on the house. Things are going good ! I was going to try to do a post Friday but didn't have time. I went to Belk Thursday morning, for the fifth time in less than a week, and I finally purchased a comforter set for the master bedroom..YAY!!!! That is one worrisome thing off of me! The comforter set that I bought is one of their bed-in-a-bag deals where you get the overstuffed comforter, the oversized sheets (for pillow top mattress), two shams, and a bed skirt. The curtains that go with this set are next on my list because they too are marked down. I don't know how I looked over this set the first four times I was there but I did, then on my trip Thurs. morning I walked that way and it was like a brighter light glowing down on it and I knew when I saw the pattern that it was mine!

One reason why I had trouble picking for the master bedroom is because I have most always had a floral print theme going and I wanted to try something different. I had my eye on a couple and thought to go with a modern theme than with a country theme, however, I am country at heart and found just the thing. The comforter looks like a quilt but where the stitches should be there is a small green vine and each square is different. The colors are several shades of green, some rose and mauve kind of colors, cream, pale yellow, blue and light turquoise. I know it sounds ugly but you just have to see it, which you will the minute it is on my new bed in my new house! I also wanted something that was feminine yet something that you could work some masculinity in. With that being said let me tell you my wall colors . The bedroom walls will be Juniper Berry which is a pale green, it has more yellow in it than the kitchen green does so it doesn't look anything like my kitchen green. My master bathroom will be Irish Rose which is a dark mauvish, rosy pink ... everyone should have known that I would get my pink in there one way or the other...LOL!

My painter ordered all of our paint on Friday and Mr. B and I have to go pick it up in the morning, all 60 gallons of it. The drywall crew should be done with the mudding of the sheetrock and doing the knock down on the ceilings by tomorrow evening or Tuesday around noon at the latest. My painter will then come in and prime everything, before the painter comes in I have to go in and wrap the windows, front door and back door to keep the primer off because they are spraying it on.

The trim crew is scheduled to come in on Wednesday and Thursday to do the trim, hang the cabinets, and set the vanities in the bathrooms. See what I meant by the title of this post "life in the fast lane"? Things are starting to really pick up and I am thrilled that all of my colors are finally picked and ordered. Tonight at church I gave our Pastor back his color palette he let me borrow to search out my colors, I am so glad that I don't have to look at that thing anymore!

Oh yeah, we have purchased our mattress set for our new bed it is pillow top and I can't wait to sleep on it for the first time. Now we need to buy the rest of it , the headboard, footboard, dresser and nightstands.

So I wanted to show you all some pics of the progress. This first pic is of the side window in the masters. The wall the window is on is where our head board will be setting. The door way you see to the right is entrance into our closet. Of course my son just happened to walk out of the bathroom and in front of the camera as I snapped the pic..LOL! This is also the first coat of mud that the sheetrock got, it looks very different now with the second coat on. I wish that I could get the entire master bedroom in one pic but it is just too big and I have tried every angle but it won't work, half of it gets left out every time.














This pic is of the living room. I am standing back towards the hallway entrance. As you can see our drywall crew has been busy all day. This was taken on Friday also and it is the first coat in this room too. They put the second coat on Saturday and should come back tomorrow and finish sanding and do the knock-down on the ceilings.














I will be painting behind where the commodes and water heater go as soon as the primer is dry because my painter is fitting us in for the prime coat so I am going to pitch in and help. When the time comes to actually paint I will be helping then also, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist helping somewhere!

I'm tellin' ya folks , it won't be long now! I am going tomorrow to purchase my oldest daughters comforter. She and I went to Belk today so she could look around and she picked a pale pink down comforter for her room. That comforter is 50% off right now and believe it or not but I didn't have my wallet on me so I couldn't buy it today. I had cleaned out my purse this morning and forgot to put my wallet back in in my rush to get done and that means that I was driving with my license.

I need to go now and get in bed and try to get some sleep because this is going to be one of those really busy weeks for me. Not only will I be working in the house but our church is having a two night revival on Monday and Tuesday. If the drywall crew finish tomorrow then I will be working over there until the wee hours of the morning tomorrow night vacuuming the sheetrock dust out of the windows and then wraping them and the bathtubs to prepare for the painter and his sprayer.

Y'all have a wonderful Monday! Be safe and take care!

7 comments:

lime said...

it's going to look terrific when it's all done.

CozyMama said...

just post a pic of that comforter, that will show us all how pretty it is.........cannot wait to see the house when it is done. you should make an album of everything so you have it forever recorded.

Angela said...

Enjoy the new house soon:-). Take care..

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Looks like it is coming along great! Glad you picked your colors because I know that will be an exciting step! Pretty soon you will be moving in!

Logophile said...

I would be so excited, I love painting and having all the colors picked right from the start, how amazing is that?
Good times, Breazy!
I carry my wallet in my pocket most of the time so there have been a couple times Ive realized I picked up a purse without a wallet in it.
OOPS

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! My head almost exploded just reading that. All those decisions …Phew! Glad to hear it is all coming together and cant with to see all the finished photos.

Anonymous said...

You really are going to town girl! Damn...next time I need stuff done, I'm just going to send YOU a ticket and have you come out here and help me....lol!

Can't wait to see the finished home. It's getting closer!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...