Friday, March 16, 2007

closing...

First of all I want to reply to the comments on my previous post and it is easier for me to just do that here. I am having major probs with my internet connection so I am on my moms computer. Okay here goes....

Blither....thank you ! Hugs to you!

BSoholic....have I mentioned that it is so good to see you back in my comment section? Yep I love the stainless steel but the white will go so much better.

Lime....Woohoo..party at my place! I would love to have each and every one of you over once we get moved and settled. I would love for you all to see the house for real instead of pics all the time because the pics don't catch it all.

Jillie....I can actually see you getting kicked out of the G.S.!LOL! I have way too many cookies left but I got stuck with a case(12 boxes) of Samoas. Thank God for freezers! Um... moving day is sometime within the next two to three weeks. There are a couple more permits we have to get before we can actually move in. Once the time draws near I can give you an exact date but I can tell you now that it won't be long now!

Snavy....my bad! I meant to mention that we were selling them. Do you like Samoas..the ones with the coconut and chocolate? I can send you some!LOL!

Logo....I love them too but eat them less each year that goes by because when the month of March comes our world revolves around those darned cookies. I spent $98 on the cookies this year but that includes $42 for the case I got stuck with and several boxes that my kids opened that they weren't supposed to open. I have only eaten about six cookies all together this year.

Dan....no worries and no need to apologize, I haven't been an every day visitor on your blog lately either because of the dial-up. Thank you! You haven't missed my birthday, I was celebrating my husbands birthday Tuesday and trying to cheer him up because we found out about the death of his cousin the day before. My birthday isn't until April 29th.

T.C.....It is very hard going over there and not living there since it is so close to completion but the light at the end of my tunnel is getting very, very bright! All that we have left to do once the closing is over is install the hardwood, tile, carpet, finish painting, finish the fill line, have some grade work done to smooth things back out and then we get the letter of occupancy so we can move in. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't. All of the painting and flooring is already scheduled and will be complete by next Friday and the guy doing the fill line is scheduled as well.

It is after midnight here which means that we will be closing on the house in 10 hours..yay! I should be in bed because I have a full day scheduled but I am so excited that I can't sleep so here I am. Isn't it really weird that when I can't sleep I come here? Closing... March 16, 2007 at 10 AM. This will take place in my new kitchen! My builders beat their deadline by twelve days...YAY!!!!

Yesterday (Thursday) was a very busy day for me. Earlier on my contractor had told us not to get a homeowners policy until the day before closing so I have been calling around this week to get the best quote. The agency that we carry my husbands business insurance with called me back with the quote and I almost passed out! OMG! I wanted to ask if she actually thought that was a cheap rate because she was all happy and chipper about it and expected me to be as well. Let me also say that the high quote was from a very well known company that advertises to have the best rates ever...go figure! About five minutes after that call I received another call from another agent and I was doing cartwheels after this one. It was less than half of the other and better coverage plus I also bought the insurance that if in the event of my death Mr. B will receive a nice, big, fat check to pay off the mortgage with or visa versa and even if we pay our mortgage off early and one of us perish then the other still receives the check and the best thing about it is that it is very inexpensive. With that being said, if any of you do not have this then I would strongly advise you to check with your agent to get a quote. I had a disabled Aunt that lost a house after her husbands death because she couldn't pay the mortgage on her fixed income.

Yesterday (Thursday) I came in to find my electrician and my contractor in my house. I knew the electrician had a couple of small things to finish up so I had expected him but I had not expected my contractor. My contractor told me that Mr. B had stopped in before me and they done the pre-walk thru and we would do the big one tomorrow. My contractor said he asked Mr. B if there were any questions he had and Mr. B replied..." just get my wife in here before she drives me crazy". Mr. B then went on to explain that I had had a couple of "moments" this week regarding the house, closing and all the we have to do once they are done. I can't deny it, for some reason right before bed there have been two or three nights this week when I have just about went to pieces over various things we have to do, to be completely honest I have cried a couple of times to the point that Mr. B had to calm me down. Why this happened? I do not know because most of my nervousness left me when the cabinets were installed and the rest left when my bathroom was painted..heehee..I don't know what the paint on the walls had to do with it but it calmed me down. I do have to say that my bathroom does look pretty darn good!LOL!

My contractor told me that it will all go smoothly so there is no need for me to worry about any of it. He told me that he would explain every step that we need to do after they are done concerning the letter of occupancy and all that. He also told me that if I needed help I had his number.

I am ready to do this! I can't wait to sign my name on the bottom line and have those cold, metal keys in my hand. I just hope that the freaky "moments" I have had this week doesn't happen during closing. I think my "moments" are more of what you would call a small anxiety attack and I have no clue why I am having them, maybe because I want to live there already and just get this part of the process over with or maybe it is because fourteen years of dreaming is going to be one big ole' slice of wonderful reality when those keys hit my hand.. who knows!

So the next time I post, and I have no clue when that will be, I will be an official homeowner!

Y'all be safe and take care and know that I love you! :)

5 comments:

lime said...

well, in about a half an hour you'll start signing al lthose papers, congrats, breazy! and the anxious moments with tears...my dear you've had quite the ride the last week or so and you've been doing it whiel living in someone else's house, cut yourself some slack. big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Lime said...

Don't worry about us...just know that we love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

hon, these emotions build up over time because of all the decisions and such you've had to deal with.

Just remember the wrong paint choice can very easily be fixed, a few new coats of a new color and BAM everything is fine, even if it's once you are living in the home.

take care of yourself and big hugs
tc

CozyMama said...

congrats girl, how exciting.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...