It is one of those nights where I am really tired and just can't sleep so this is where I am.
Our drywall crew told us around 10 AM this morning that they would be finished later today. Mr. B and I went to Knoxville and picked up our 60 gallons of paint for the house and had lunch. By the time we got back around 1 PM the drywall crew had left. All of the windows and both doors were open in the house so we figured they had just went out for lunch and would return to complete the job. They never came back! I am a bit aggravated over this because they knew that we had our painter scheduled to come in tomorrow and spray on the primer coat and now we have had to put him off. All I can say is they better be back tomorrow (tuesday) to finish or I am going to get all out of sorts over it.
Once they complete the drywall I have to go in and wrap all the windows so I will probably be doing that late tomorrow night or if you want to get technical about it since it is after midnight , tonight! Right now is not a good time for the drywall crew to do this to me. Our trim guys are supposed to be coming on Wednesday to install the cabinets , vanities and trim but if they don't get finished by noon today then the trim guys will have to wait until Thursday to come in so that my painter has time to primer everything. I can't really complain at this point because thus far everything but power to the temp pole has went mostly smooth. The thing is that we are down to those little things that really hit a persons nerves, or in my case those little things that really hit my little percentage of a nerve..LOL! Let's just say this isn't a good time and you ladies know what I am talking about.
I torture myself by imagining us living in that house and that makes things worse because then I want to be in it like yesterday instead of three or four weeks from now. Patience has never been a virtue for me but this time I am going to have to dig around and see if I can't find some. Right now I am just hot and irritated. It seems my body has been on overheat all day long then add in being tired then add in sinus and allergy problems and you have one touchy woman!
As Mr. B and I were unloading our paint today my mother-in-law stopped by. I almost disgraced myself in front of her because I got real nauseated all of a sudden and just about tossed my cookies. My body has a mind of it's own right now and it isn't agreeing with anything I think is best. That has me irked as well because I hate not being in control of my body and right now I am anything but.
Scents have been nauseating me a lot too. I woke up Saturday morning and since then my smell has been magnified by like 100. I gag at the smallest smell of anything. We are having revival at church and last night (monday) a lady walked by me and I actually gagged at her perfume. Her perfume was a very light scent and one that I like and normally enjoy smelling but not tonight. I am just all out of whack right now. My appetite is coming and going . Mr. B took me to one of my favorite places for lunch today and I had maybe ten bites then I lost my appetite. Weird but true and for those of you wondering , no I am not pregnant and shame on you for thinking such things about me... LOL! (shiver) That was a scary thought!
Anyways that is what is going on in my little world now , how about yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
9 comments:
Fragrance Free Zone:
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this BUT.... your "personal fragrance" is no longer personal. Your "NOT so personal fragrance" literally took my breath away.
I had to get out of the line before I could even check out and I was gasping all the way to my car! Not funny when your throat is closing up !!!
Not everyone thinks you smell as good as you think you do!!! Not everyone wants to smell your perfume, cologne, aftershave or fragranced lotion. Nobody wants to sit close to you in your office, a waiting room, the doctors office, real estate office or even next to you in a restaurant, classroom, bank or check out line.
Not everyone, especially those who are already suffering with Cancer, Migraines, COPD, Asthma, Allergies, Fibromyalgia, MCS, or other illnesses. We are already struggling just to breathe, we don't want to smell your "NOT so personal fragrance."
You don't smell good... you literally stink and you make me and a lot of other people sick!
Making the Connection ---- Did you know that there are MANY people right here in YOUR community that have severe adverse Fragrance / Chemical reactions ? Some have it so severe that they can not leave their home or be part of society in a "normal" way. Some children have to be home-schooled. Just a whiff of fragrance, Bounce, Plug-Ins, or diesel fumes could cause a life threatening Anaphylactic reaction!
This is called MCS or EI. Multiple Chemical Sensitivity or Environmental Illness. This IS NOT a simple allergy.
There is a lot of information about MCS/EI on the web. There are MANY other health problems associated with MCS /EI. More common ones are links between people with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gastrointestinal problems, porphyria and more. Do you have any of these illnesses? If so, do you continue to put chemicals and fragrances on your body and clothing. Learn what is in Bounce and I guarrantee you will NEVER use it again. learn what is in everything you put on your skin (skin is the largest organ of your body and absorbs into your blood) http://www.bodyburden.org/
Many children as well as teachers are having difficulty even being in classrooms because they are full of the "fragrance soup." Many office workers can no longer hold down their jobs because they have become so ill from fresh paint or new carpet being installed not to mention insensitive co-workers who insist on marinating in their perfume!
I won't get into mold issues here!
If you or someone you know is more than "inconvenienced" by fragrances
and/or everyday cleaning products and chemicals you may want to do some homework on MCS.
You can start by looking at the link below where you will find lots of information, printable handouts, posters, educational material (incase you need to enlighten a friend, co-worker, teacher, loved one or even YOUR DOCTOR who might be telling you "it is all in your head") !
http://www.mcs-america.org
well, i hope things get sorted out in a timely fashion and your body settles down soon. deep breaths, breazy (just not around perfumed folks)
well I hope the drywall guys do their job and in the time that makes your nerves not go crazy. Also I was thinking for a minute you were gonna say you are pregnant and I was going ohhhhh but then you "shame on me" but you are married so I am allowed to think such LOL whatever it is though that is making you feel this way (which I have a feeling it is stress) I hope it goes away soon!
Sweetie - scents bother me something fierce! I know what you mean!!
Feel better!!!
you are getting so close.......as for not feeling well, get better already. ;)
Darn! You took the comment right out of my mouth...hahaha. How did you know I was going to ask if you were pregnant?
After everything is done and settle...get a massage and tell them fragrant free please? Your body is stressing and breaking down. Be sure to get some sleep even if you have to take benadryl to get it. You do more damage by not getting enough and you can't heal.
I hope you have better days the rest of the week.
Love you and miss you!
are you better today????? hugs
Hope those dang no good lazy drywallers came back and kicked some drywall ass. If they know what's best for them then did. ;)
Feel well.
Ugh! Can't believe they didn't finish! The nerve! Hugs Bella!
In time it'll all happen.
My life as usual is coming together slowly too.
Post a Comment