Hey all ! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the death of my husbands cousin and thank you for the birthday wishes!
I didn't think that I would be getting back online any time soon but I had some time tonight while doing laundry and thought I would straighten my desk up and that went pretty fast so I had some time to kill.
Girl Scout cookies are almost over...YAY!!!!! March is normally the month that I plan nothing for because of G.S. cookies sales and booths. My daughter missed five booths last week because of being sick so her sales this year will be down but she nor I are worried about it, I mean it is just cookies. I talked with the troop leader today and Beth along with a couple of other girls in her troop have almost earned their Bronze award which as I have mentioned is the highest award that a Junior G.S. can earn. I am very proud of my daughter for this and I hope she continues to participate in the Girl Scouts until she is too old to be one, from there she can be a troop leader or get out if she wants. Her troop leader gave me her new troop number for next year and she will be the leader of that troop again..YAY!!! She is wonderful with the girls and she has been a leader for 22 yrs.
Yesterday the plumber was supposed to install all of my sinks, commodes and the water heater but as soon as he unloaded all of his things he was called to another job for an "emergency". He came back today and completed the job and apologized for having to leave yesterday. He was mad because once he arrived on the site where the "emergency" was he found out it wasn't an emergency at all but just an impatient homeowner, that didn't sit to well with him but since it was an hour away he stayed. I am just thankful that he got my house done today.
The electrician was supposed to come in today but with the plumber incident he will be here tomorrow instead. I am hoping that we can still close on Thursday because we will probably be attending Mr. B's cousins burial Friday morning.
I am no longer nervous where the house is concerned. I think being able to get in there and work helped with that. I am not one to stand around and watch everyone else work but in this case I couldnt' do anything until the contractor gave me the go , I haven't been nervous since, instead I am at the point where I am thinking "let's get a move (this wasn't intended as a literal move but it sure fits..heehee) on so we can get this over with because I want to live there already" LOL!
I am already arranging rooms in my head now and I know where I want most everything to go. I am excited to get the office set up. Normally I would go with light wood but in the office I purchased cherry stained wood. I went with simple pieces , a big desk , book case and a file cabinet. The office isn't very big so I didn't want to try to put too much in there, plus I have all of my lighthouse things to put in there and I think the cherry will look good with pale walls.
I do thank all of you for your input on the white kitchen appliances, white it is for me. I love stainless steel and have always wanted it but white would look so much better. I even thought about the bisque but I think the white would look better since all of our trim is gloss white. I think the white will help bring the color on the wall out.
The weather here has been beautiful the past week and a half. Today we hit 78 F and I enjoyed it so much. After the plumber left I went back over to the house to tape everything back up for the painters. I opened all the windows and it felt wonderful just to be in there with the windows open working. Can y'all tell I am past ready to move in?
Okay it is time for me to go , I hear the dryer buzzing downstairs. Y'all have a good night and a good day tomorrow. Be safe, take care and know that I love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
8 comments:
Well Wishes and Hugs for You Sweetie.
I can only imagine the immense sense of relief you are going to feel when this is over and you are settled in.
Haha, that'll rock for sure! :D
I like the stainless steel too, but you and others are probably right about the white matching better.
ya know, we're going to have to have some sort of party when you move in. road trip to breazy's!!!
congrats to beth for hwo well she has done over the years.
and that other homeowner crying wolf was a really dirty trick. some poepl just have no sense of there being anyone else who matters other than themsleves.
I still am eating my G.S. Cookies. You know I use to be a scout myself and can you believe that I, yes...ME, got kicked out? I called my troop leader a bitch. Well...she was! My mom didn't think it was so funny. I guess I was ready to quit by then.
When is the big moving in day?
Um ... why was I not informed about Girl Scout Cookie time???
Mmmmmm, girl scout cookies!
Mr Logo loves 'em.
He spent $40 this year, decided to take it easy this time.
I yi yi yi, that man and his GS cookies.
They are good though and congrats to you daughter.
Breazy, I haven't been by for a while. Sorry to hear the sad news. And sorry I missed your birthday (or did I).
It must be difficult to go over there and not want to move in right away.
Won't be long sweetie.
tc
Post a Comment