well, not "the" power but I've got some power. That is right, our electric got turned on in the house on Thursday(switched from temporary to permanent overhead)..woohoo! I went through the house flipping light switches off and on and my painters had a good time watching me do it. I just couldn't help but see what each room looked like with electricity.
A lot has happened since I posted last. For one the power was turned on. Second we had the fill line completed which was what I was worried about. The guy that was going to do it was backed up so we didn't know when he would get out to do it so we found another guy to do it for a great price. This guy also dug the fifty feet that Mr. B needed dug to finishing running the water line to the house from the pipe that runs to the well. I was raised on well water and wouldn't have anything else. We have that filter thingy to keep it clean so I am happy. We found a busted pipe real close to the well house and Mr. B got lucky and found the busted pipe on the first dig. He propped the pipe up with rocks so that it could dry and would be ready to repair the next morning.
Friday morning Mr. B fixed the busted pipe and then we had to call our contractor back to get the electrician back out because something was wired wrong to the water heater and the electrician fixed that while we were at lunch. Later that day Mr. B was finishing up the install of the hardwood flooring when I discovered we had a leak in the master bath sink. I called the contractor and our plumber will be back out Monday morning to replace a small pipe and we should be good after that.
Mr. B sanded our floors for the first time Friday night as well then he filled some small cracks that was in it. Saturday morning he sanded the floors for the second and last time, buffed them then vacuumed then he put the sealer coat on there. The sealer dries in about an hour so after that he put the first coat of poly on them. They are beautiful! I chose a number 2 common, cabin grade which means that the boards are all different colors, it has worm holes and knots in it , more or less it gives the floor character. You will know what I am talking about when you see a pic of them. I wanted a floor that had a lot of different color in them because of all the different colored wood pieces that we have. We used red oak and no stain. They are just beautiful and I can't wait to see them with the last coat of poly on them which will be done after the painting is done and the carpet is installed.
Our carpet was scheduled for last Thursday but Mr. B re-scheduled so that our painters could finish the baseboard without worrying about getting paint on the carpet. Friday our fill line was inspected by the environmental health department and passed so my dad moved all the dirt back into the trenches Saturday with his tractor and some equipment. The only other permit that we need now is the Letter of Occupancy. That inspection will consist of a gentleman coming in and flipping a light switch off and on, flushing a commode and measuring the distance between the bottom step and the ground to make sure it is the same distance as the other steps. That will be passed and we will get that too because we have power, water and we have measured the steps to make sure the distance is the same..heehee!
I have been so tired here lately because I am spending all my time over at the house. From the time I get up until the time I go to bed I am over there doing this and that. It is unbelievable at the things that need done to finish a house up. We are hoping to move in this coming weekend but it might be the first of next week before we get to because we want to make sure that the tile grout and all that is set. We are going tonight to purchase our appliances for the kitchen. I have decided to go with Kenmore appliances because there is more positive feed back on those than any other. Sears is the only place around here that sells Kenmore and they are having a friends and family sale tonight after they close at 6 PM. This sale will go from 6PM to 9PM and you can only go if you have a special invite from a salesman and since Mr. B and I were in there checking out the appliances we want in white the other day we got an invite. We will get thirty percent off of each appliance and free installation with my dishwasher which will save us $1003.00..pretty cool huh?
We are almost there! I am so ready to move in and enjoy it. Mr. B turned the air conditioning on Saturday while he was putting the coat of poly on so that it would dry by today. Later after we get back from church we will go check that out to see if it is dry.
Where our heating and air is concerned, I chose to have the air vents put in the ceiling. Mr. B wasn't too sure about that until yesterday when he turned the air on then he was sold. I didn't want to have to deal with the vents in the floor because sometimes you have to arrange your furniture different than you want because of them.
Remember me telling you that I was getting the new LG front load washer and dryer with the steam setting? I think I have changed my mind on that too. I have been reading feedback on that and bad things are happening with those. Not just the LG but all of them, as a matter of fact Maytag just had a huge recall on their front loaders. One thing that happens is the seal on the washer door goes bad quickly which allows the water to drip out and when it drips out it goes into the bottom where all of the electrical is and it is causing fires, houses have been burning down because of this so I am checking out a couple more washers and dryers that aren't front loaders but have the same tub capacity without the big long thing that sticks up in the middle.
I think I am going to sign off now and try to get a couple more hours sleep before time to get ready for church, y'all have a good day!
Be safe, take care and I love ya!
********************************************
Just a quick update... it is Sunday night and I am ecstatic! I finally purchased my kitchen appliances. I bought all Kenmore appliances and only one piece of that was the Kenmore Elite and that was my dishwasher. I spent more on it than I did on my range..heehee... but I am glad I waited because I saved a lot of money, more than the $1003.00 we thought we would save..YAY!!!
6 comments:
Hey Breazy! I cant wait til you get some pictures up here!
But listen, it sounds like your daughter has amblyopia like me...one eyed....so I just thought I would tell you that I was born this way and had I not had an eye test in 2nd grade, I might not ever have noticed that one eye didnt work at all....
but the other one worked swell! Now that I am over 40 I have some reading issues...and well...probably alot more issues than others, but for the most part, I have had a normal life, have to take a special eye test at the DMV and sign a paper that says I have amblyopia...etc....
But some people can get that very very lazy eye corrected....that didnt work for me. Did you try that for her?
Bless you, miss you and cant wait to see the house!
I can't believe you are so close to moving in.
I can't wait!!!!
tc
Haha! Awesome! Yeah, we need more updated pictures. :P
Oh man that floor sounds like it will be so pretty! It will age well and show lots of character as well. We are going to be putting in hardwood floors upstairs soon. That's another idea for me. I like the "rustic" lived in look.
The week is winding down...only a few more days
xoxo
It's almost here!!!!!! Are ya counting down the minutes yet?. :-).
Wow, nice savings!! Actually nice EXTRA savings even!
hey about the washing machine. I don't know if you're sold on getting the washer and dryer combination, but I just saw a TV ad for the new Fisher & Paykel Aquasmart - it combines the water usage aspects of a front loader with all usual convenience of a top loader (which it is). That leaking problem could never happen.
Anyway, food for thought. It must be amazing to choose appliances all new. I have exactly one new whitegood, a bar fridge-sized freezer. One day, one day...
Post a Comment