My drywall crew was supposed to show up today to start the finishing process but they didn't show. I am very concerned about this because I had to call my contractor yesterday evening on them after they left. My 9 year old son was checking out his room and the guest bathroom beside his room when he stumbled upon some graffiti on the bathroom wall next to the linen closet door. It said " nail this f-ing door". My son comes to me and says "Mom, come back here I want to ask you a question" so we go back to the bathroom and he says "What does that mean" and points to the "f" word. I almost broke my fingers calling my contractors office at that point. That was late yesterday evening so my contractor called me back this morning, needless to say he was very upset that a curse word was on my wall. I think he was more upset about it than we were! He said he called the owner of the drywall crew and the guy apologized. I had also asked him if he would remind them to cut out the medicine cabinet in the guest bath which is a mistake anyone can make, I wasn't mad about it. I wasn't really mad about the graffiti, more embarrassed because my father-in-law was there when it happened and because my son found it. My only thought was "what if our Pastor, which is our painter, came by to check it out and saw that" , wanna talk about embarrassment! Thank goodness he wasn't scheduled to come by!
I told my contractor that I was very happy with their work. He told me that they were a new crew he just hired and my house was the first one they had done for him and that he went over the rules with them again so that the curse words don't happen again. The guy that owns the drywall business has been in business for years and they hang sheetrock like no one else I have ever saw. They put extra screws and nails in which is what impressed my contractor to hire them. I told my contractor that the main guy probably didn't even see it and that is was more than likely one of the younger guys that done it. He had three guys working for him that ranged in age from 16 to 19. I am just hoping that they show up to start mudding tomorrow and to clean their mess because they left a horrible mess behind but they told my husband that they would clean that up before they started mudding today. Cross your fingers that they will be here tomorrow. Today would have been the perfect day for the mudding too because it was sunny and 70 here today.
None of you are going to believe this but after wanting this house so bad for fourteen years I am against a wall about something. I can't decide what colors to paint the master bedroom and bath! I was going to go purchase a comforter today to go from but I didn't have time because I was either delivering Girl Scout cookies all day or running errands for my very busy husband. Tomorrow I am going to go buy one of the three/four that I am looking at and be done with it. The reason I am stressing so bad over the paint colors in the MB is because my contractor told me this morning that we needed to go ahead and order our paint because this weekend or the first of next week depending on when the drywall was finished, we could go ahead and paint behind where the commodes and water heater will go. Wanna talk about nerves flaring, mine have been electrified all day since then and the fact that I couldn't go look at comforters today didn't help.
My fourteen year old daughter is going through something very tough right now. Her heart is broken and it breaks mine. She and I have been crying together a lot the past couple of days. She doesn't want anyone to know what is going on but I will say that it is nothing that we all haven't been through around that age. Before I go any farther let me also say that she has done nothing wrong or got in trouble. It hurts me so bad because I can't take her pain away so if you all don't mind please say a small prayer that she will have peace with this situation. Once she has peace, I will have peace.
To be honest I am an emotional wreck right now and it is mostly because of paint colors, comforters, and ...oh yeah.... kitchen appliances! I have done more research, thank goodness, and I have changed my mind about the first set of appliances I was going to buy for my kitchen. I kept going back and back and back again and I happened upon some testimonies about that particular brand of appliances and most of the testimonies weren't that great so I went out looking and found a brand that I know is one of the best. I have always thought the first brand I chose was one of the best but they seem to have problems in the second to third year after purchase so I am staying away from them. The LG front load washer and dryer is still a go though! LOL!
Before I say good night I want to thank you all for still reading me. Since using this dial-up connection I have trouble getting most of the blogs in my blog roll to load so I don't get to read them. If I have time I run by the library for that reason but I still feel like I am neglecting and ignoring those blogs. For those of you who I can't get to load I am not ignoring you, I promise. Once we get settled in the new house and I have my cable connection I will be back to my regular blogging.
Y'all have a good day! Be safe and take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
12 comments:
We miss you Breazy but we haven't given up on you :) I know your daughter will get through this tough time. Unfortunately that is part of being a teenager and just tell her to learn something from it and remember that tomorrow is a new day...she is only fourteen and has her whole life ahead of her.
Don't stress about the colors. Your house looks great so far and whatever you choose I am sure you will love :)
Have a great day!
big hugs my friend, we miss you. i hope it all works out with the house and your daughter with her tough situation. If some boy broke her heart that just sucks.......i can find someone to have a talk with him, i know people. ;)
Breazy,
I can understand about having lunch after you get settled in. It'll be a while for me too. I'm going in the Hospital Tuesday for surgery, so I'll be out of commision for about 6 weeks:-). Good luck on choosing colors and comforters.
Have a good day!!! :-).
yep, we definately miss you. :D
Cool Breeze,
The G-Man misses you terrible!
How's my little Vol?
I'll be saying a prayer for your daughter right now!!!
OMGosh!! Horrible about the wall thing! I'm sure in years it'll be a lil joke though... or maybe not.
Hugs bella. Don't stress everything will come together.
I did say a prayer for your daughter and for you. I do hope this works out well for you soon.
Be careful when reading those reviews and criticisms on websites. I have found that so many times the other manufacturers will down a competitors brand just to make it look bad so maybe you will consider theirs. If you could find someone who actually has owned one of those brands before thats your best bet.
I have got to get with my builder today to find out when he plans to start. Only thing done this week was getting my power poles in place and when they placed them it forced me to move a tree I had planted. Seems it lined up perfectly with the power lines haha.
And still waiting on that dance.....come on over sometime or next time I venture through TN I might have to look you up haha
Have a great weekend ahead and dont stress too much.....
i'm sorry for the various frustrations. the house will be sorted out soon. praying for your girl. that age is so hard.
Hi Breazy, miss you.
Just go ahead and make a decision on the paint, hey paint can always be repainted at some later date if you want to change.
Have a great weekend.
hugs
tc
Silly girl. I for one would never stop reading you!!
You're girl is in my thoughts.
Oh man that just sucks your son had to find that. That is really unprofessional to say the least! Anyway, about the painting. If you don't like it, you can always paint over it! Trust me...I'm on my 3rd color in my bathroom and I am changing it again. Just can't get it right to match the flooring and counter top.
Good luck and hang in there!
I miss you lots and can't wait to see the finished product.
Luv ya!
OMG I cant believe they wrote on the wall like that! Bad boys!
It's all gonna be swell, I just know it!
Post a Comment