Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ms. Busy!!

Hey! Wow what a day! I have been so busy today with picking things out for the house that I haven't had time to think about my nervousness. I made a final decision on carpet today and I didn't go with my original plan which was Berber, instead I went with a different type. Our tile has been ordered and Monday we will be ordering our hardwood flooring. We decided to go with raw wood that has to be sanded and finished because in order to get the color variations I want I have to go with sand and finish. I am getting a cabin grade oak so that it has a bit of a rustic look to it and we are not staining, we are going natural with nothing but the poly finish on it.

I have been shopping for a comforter/duvet for the master bedroom so I could get a color theme from it and I have finally narrowed it down to three. Two of them are down comforters that Belk just happens to be having a killer sale on, I am wondering how that happened because I never find the good sales like this. The other one is just a double stuffed comforter that has four different color stripes on it. One of the down comforters is a butter yellow the other is a light tan. The double stuffed has tan, brown, white and a very tropical blueish-greenish color that has caught my eye a lot lately.

Our drywall was delivered about 7 this morning and the hangers arrived not long after. They got drywall on all of the ceilings today and will more than likely get the walls done tomorrow then it will be time for mudding the drywall. Things are happening so fast and I am glad that I have been so busy that I don't have time to think about everything going on with the house because my excitement over moving in is about to get the best of me! Every time I think about living there I get teary eyed because we have waited for this for so long.

I was so busy today that I didn't have time to take pics of the hung drywall so I will get some in the morning and post them tomorrow night.

My father-in-law works in wood. He owns a custom cabinet shop and he makes anything that can be made of wood. We are meeting with him tomorrow to talk about the armoire for our tv in the living room. We have our eyes on a 42 inch LCD that might have to wait until closer to summer before we purchase it but I want to go ahead and get the armoire made.

I am also debating on whether to go buy a king sized bedroom set or design one for my f-i-l to build. Decisions , decisions.... LOL!

I don't know if I done an update or not but I had asked some of you to pray for me regarding an eye appointment I had Friday and contacts. I have worn glasses for a little over two years now and I have to wear them all the time. I am tired of glasses and wanted to try contacts. My appointment went well, I was right about my sight, it had worsened 30% since my last exam two years ago. I got contacts, of course I couldn't wear regular ones due to my astigmatism so they prescribed me the Toric contacts that are for astigmatism correction. I am doing great with the contacts and I enjoy them much more than glasses! Thanks for your prayers!

I need to go now and get in bed. It is after midnight here and I have a full day tomorrow. Y'all be safe and take care!

5 comments:

lime said...

hwo special that your FIL can make some of the furnishings for you.

glad those contacts are working well for you. i don't like wearing my glasses either so i'm glad for mine.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update.
The wood floors sound like they will be gorgeous.
Take care of yourself and glad to hear the contacts are working out for you.

BKS said...

Good to hear of the progress as always and also about the contacts. 30% is a huge change in just a few years so you will definitely stay in my prayers.

Make sure you keep us updated on the FIL furniture. Must be nice to have that option available.

BTW you forgot to give your opinion on my "dilemma" haha

CozyMama said...

wow, I think I would go with the last comforter that you described, if it caught your eye then that is the one. your FIL - custom made....Hello I think this is an easier decision than you realize. If he is up for it and can get it made in a timely manner, OH GOD, my work just came out in that comment, timely manner.....I type that in letters to people that do not pay on time...HAHAHAH.

Logophile said...

Oh my stars, girl, you wore me out just READING all that you've been doing. holy cow.
Glad everything is coming along and I LOVE it when I catch a sale on what I want, how aweswome is that?!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...