Hey all ! I wanted to stop by before I unhook this thing. I am not actually unhooking it until morning but I wanted to post one more time before I do..lol! This is our last night in this house. It looks so big and empty right now with all of our stuff out. We still have the sofa, recliner, tv , grandfather clock, two lamps , some clothes and the things in the bathroom and of course my computer or as I like to call it " my window to other friends".
This move is really weird for me. I am not real enthusiastic about moving back to my parents home , not because I feel we won't get along, we will , we always have so much fun with my parents but more it is the thing about having your own place then moving back home.. does that make sense? I am trying to keep in mind that this will take us one more step closer to our last move. We went over to have supper with my parents tonight and we had a blast with them. They are so much fun to be around, I have really missed that playful , fun side of them in the past couple of years. What is funny is we had to go over and eat with them tonight because I packed everything up in the kitchen today and it is now in storage so I had nothing to cook in or nothing to cook because we took all of our food to my moms earlier. I could have served tv dinners but I am not big on serving my kids things that are nuked. Speaking of, we have to take the microwave to storage tomorrow.
I didn't realize how many dishes, utensils , cookware and gadgets I had in the kitchen. I think there are more boxes from the kitchen than any other room in the house! There were two things I did not put in storage from the kitchen that I just can't seem to part with even if it is for a short time , my two favorite baking stones from Pampered Chef. They will go to my moms with me. My husband thinks it is funny how I am obsessed with anything that is used in a kitchen because I use every thing that I have. He says that most people who are obsessed with things like that only have a few favorite pieces then they forget about the rest , not me. If I buy it I use it! I was shopping with a good friend a couple of weeks ago and we went into a shop that was all kitchen things and I got all a flutter over a big casserole dish...mmmmm I love casserole dishes and I love them in all colors, shapes and sizes. I am not one of these women that would get offended if my husband were to buy me something for the kitchen for birthday or Christmas.
Tomorrow at church we are having a benefit dinner and singing for a mom and daughter that are members in our church . They were in a very bad car accident on Christmas day and the daughter has been fired from her job and the mom won't be back to work for months. I had thought at first that we wouldn't be able to stay long at the benefit but we got things moved a lot faster than we thought. For those of you that pray just keep this family in your prayers.
The phone company told me it would be Monday , Tuesday or Thursday before they can hook up a separate line at my parents house for our phone. Mr. Breazy didn't want to give up our home number so we are having it transfered. I won't have DSL over there because the port is full... grrrrr! So I am going to have to go back to dial-up until who knows when. Maybe if I call and complain they will put in another port or whatever they need to do.
Alright , I need to get in bed and get some rest because we are starting early in the morning so we will be done in time to attend the benefit. Y'all have a good weekend , be safe and take care!
*if I want to get on before the phone company has our line hooked up I can use my moms computer , so you may see me Monday*
Oh yeah, before I go there is one more thing I wanted to say....
GO COLTS!!!!
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
7 comments:
I had thought about doing the in between move but I think I will wait it out. Hope you have a great weekend!!
lol, girl you crack me up....have a great weekend and get yourself all settled in.
I posted some snow pictures for you.
Have a great weekend.
Congrats to one step closer, Sweetie! I'm so proud of your bravery! YAY!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Where are you?
Im getting all panicky, I can't breathe, someone get me a paperbag!!
Ok, whew. I feel better now.
Hope you can make it to reconnection time without any trouble, we're thinking of ya!
BKS...thanks! Yeah if I can give you any advice , don't do an in between move!
Lime..Thank you!
Snavy.. I will be over shortly to check them out!
Blither..Thank you , how are you ?
Logo..LOL! Thank you!
hope you area back online soon, hang in there, moving back home has it's ups and downs.
Post a Comment