Good Friday morning to ya ! This morning is one of those mornings that made me want to snuggle just a bit deeper into the covers and go back to sleep . Monday we had a high of 71 and it was beautiful , on Halloween we had a nice 60 something day with the a bit of rain and wind then we turned to cold on Wednesday and today it is so cold out there you could get frostbite in your nether regions . It might be cold but hey , the sun is shining beautifully .
My two youngest kids got up great this morning and got ready , we were actually able to leave a whole five minutes earlier than usual which is something of a miracle around here . After I dropped my son at the elementary school , my daughter gasps loudly and I knew that she had left something at home . "Mom , you have to go back home and bring my binder and math book , if you don't I will get detention" she says . I am thinking a bit of detention might help her remember to pick her books up or her lunch money as she is always forgetting one or the other . On top of this I hear my low gas warning start dinging and realize that not only am I running low but my gas hand is below the red , great this is all I need . I came home and picked up my oldest daughter , stopped by the gas station where I got a nice surprise , gas has dropped $1.99 for regular ,and finally after dropping off the forgotten binder and book I dropped my oldest at the high school . I am now sitting here listening to morning news and chillin' out . I honestly don't know what I would do without my children to cause chaos every morning , sometimes I try to imagine what life would be like without the kids and I am so glad that I don't have to live that because to me it would be an extremely boring life . Of course we all need alone time and all that but I get that while they are at school .
Construction on our home will be starting in the next three to four weeks if not sooner . We got the word yesterday that things could move along a bit faster than expected . Right now all I can say is "build baby build" ! I want out of here so bad I can't stand it . Have I ever mentioned that patience isn't a strong point with me ? Soon I will be sitting down with our painter , which happens to be the Pastor of our church , and try to pick out the colors I want throughout the house . This is going to be a difficult decision for me because I love all colors . I know that I want earthy , soft tones but other than that the exact colors aren't coming to mind yet and who knows what I will end up with . I do know that my 11yr old daughters room will be painted in a very pale , very soft lime green . That is her favorite color and she has some creative ideas for accessories in her room that would blend all of her favorite colors together . My oldest daughter wants solid walls and polka dot accessories and as long as she goes with something soft on the walls then she can accessorize with whatever she wants . My son however , wants his room painted half navy blue , the other half orange . He loves the Dukes of Hazzard but his room will not be those dark colors so he will have to think of something else .If I were to give in ,do the navy and orange then I would be repainting within a couple of months so we aren't going that way . For a while he wanted his walls John Deere green and the trim John Deere yellow which I don't think would be all that but I want light colors throughout the house . Oh well , it will all come together when the time comes .
Y'all have a wonderful weekend . Stay warm and be safe !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
5 comments:
Trust me when I say picking paint colors can get ya overwhelmed before ya know it :-). I can't wait to see pics when it all begins. I'm sooo tickled for ya'll. Oh I just love hearing that gas has gone down some more. Is that at Weigles?. I haven't been out in 2 days so this is great news. I have to leave soon to take my dog to the groomers and get some shopping done. I'm loving this crispness we have in the air:-). This weekend we are going to see "Santa Claus 3 " at the movies. Then next weekend we are going to Dollywood cause of the Christmas Fest is opening today there. Are ya'll going to jump in on all these neat festivities that are popping up?. I really want to try and make it back to the Biltmore, they are now open with all there Christmas festivals going on as of today too. This is one of the many reasons why I'm sooo glad we live where we do. SO many wonderful activities to choose from:-). Have A Great Day and Weekend!!!!
oy, sounds like the chaos we have here too1
good luck on the colors. i still have to paint and i've been here 3 years. originally my daughter wanted striped walls.....ummm....NO!
Kali...There are two stores that gas is $1.99 . On 321 at Smokey View store and also across the street at Westgate Mkt, I think it is an Exon. We are going to Dollywood soon because I love the Christmas season and all the festivities they do . I am hoping to go to Builtmore during the Christmas season because I have never been there before .
Lime...Thanks, let me know what colors you pick! I love seeing other peoples choices .
Sal...yep kids and chaos are just a package that go together and I wouldn't have it any other way . Thank you and I am getting ready to take my first set of pics since we finally got a load of gravel on the driveway . You have a great weekend as well !
LOL at your son's taste in paint!!
I hear you with the hectic and my kids are only in kindergarten and 3rd grade. Yikes! The last few days I've gone to the bus stop with soaking wet hair.
Blither.. thank you !
Snavy.. Yeah I know what you mean about the wet hair , however , I don't think any of us mothers would trade it for anything in the world . LOL!
Post a Comment