Monday, November 06, 2006

what irks me and my mean streak ...

It is time for the parent , teacher meetings around these parts . The teachers are always all about being on time but today as I went for a meeting with my 11yr olds math teacher I waited and waited and waited some more . I was there ten minutes early as always because one of the things I hate is tardiness . The teacher never showed up so after waiting almost a half hour on him I went in search for some help and finally found two other teachers that my daughter has . She isn't having a problem in either of their classes , as a matter of fact , she isn't having problems in anything but math so I really needed to speak with this teacher and just my luck he has that horrible stomach virus that is floating around . I think he could have at least had one of the two teachers to email me , call me or something. Instead I wasted time that I didn't have to waste . So when he next calls me about a meeting he will have to work on my time instead of the other way around because I have a full boat right now with the building of our home that is about to begin , church , girl scouts , fiddle lessons , banjo lessons and all other manner of things . Okay , enough grumbling about my problems....

About the mean streak thing ..
I was reading Snavy's post today about the mean reds and it made me think of that mile long mean streak I have . My sister has it too so I am not alone but I don't know of any other person that has this. By mean streak I am talking about being fine and good one minute and the next I am fighting off the urge to do something mean like ankle someone or pour iced tea over someones head or whatever the urge maybe because it varies . My husband thinks I have this because I never do anything mean , I always make sure that I do things on the straight and narrow . I am a perfectionist so I do try to do things the way they should be done or by the rules . Now don't get me wrong , I am not little miss angle , I do mess up and all that but when I am doing something I put my best effort forward and go with it until I am satisfied , sometimes it doesn't come out as I would like . However , that has nothing to do with the "mean streak" I am talking about . Let me explain what happens when I get this mean streak , several years ago I was working at a very popular deli here in town and we were always busy . One of the brothers that owned the deli worked the same shift that I did and he was a nut . He was always joking around and just having fun , he was also all about business and there were some customers that he didn't joke around in front of . There was this real big real estate agent that he done business with and she had always saw just the serious side of him and every now and again she would pop in the deli to have a sub sandwich for lunch . We had just finished up our main lunch rush when she came in and ordered , by the time she finished eating I was done cleaning and re-stocking so I was sitting having a bit of lunch myself. My boss stood at the cash register talking to her and I was fine , I wasn't thinking thoughts of doing anything to anyone especially my boss but it seemed like one second I was eating and the next thing I knew I had dropped my bosses shorts and undies right in front of his real estate friend. When I realized what I had done I just turned around , washed my hands and went back to my lunch . When the real estate agent left my thoughts were "oh no , I am going to be fired for this little incident and I don't even know how to explain what just happened or why I did it" . This was one of the times that my little "problem" had really embarrassed me . However , my boss laughed it off and it became a competition between us as to who could ankle the other more times in one week , I learned very quickly that a belt tightened a notch or two tighter than normal will hold the pants/shorts up no matter who is pullin' on them .

There have been other things that I have done that kinda happened before I knew what was going on and there have been some really mean things that I have done when this mean streak hit me and I took a day or two to plan out my strategy . See when this urge comes on me I have to really fight with myself and weigh my pros and cons before I act . I don't like doing anything mean but sometimes I do just that . This little "problem" of mine has got me into some serious situations that I would rather have not been in . When I was younger there was no fighting it off but now that I am older and I really understand consequences I can beat it back sometimes .

With all of that being said , I bet all of you are sitting there wondering just what kind of person I am. Well I will tell you , this thing isn't like a brain sickness or anything , lol , it is just something that I have always had and sometimes I choose to act on it . Sometimes I will even ask the person I am wanting to be mean to how they would react if I were to do whatever it is I am wanting to do. For instance , this past summer I had just made fresh sweet iced tea and I was outside on the front porch sipping my tea and smoking a cigarette . My husband was sitting out there with me and the urge to dump my tea over his head was almost overwhelming so I asked him what he would do if I dumped the glass over his head , he gave me a wicked little grin and said "Heather , you go right ahead and do what it is you want to do to me but remember that I am more sneaky and more mean than you could ever be " , that was enough to change my mind about wetting his head or anything else , besides , I don't want to waste a good glass of tea !

So now y'all know a little something about me that I don't normally tell . If you know what I am talking about tell me about something you have done !

Y'all have a great day !

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...next time I need to have something mean done, I'll know who to call on. That is just too funny about your husband. I've thought about stuff like that with my fiance at times but I've never asked him how he would react. I've just thought about it and would look at him with the wicked cat that caught the canary smile leaving him wondering what I am thinking about. Too funny!

Breazy said...

LOL! Do you think all women have this little mean streak or is it just a few of us ? It is funny , thanks for visiting Jillie and I wanted to ask you , what url do I need to link to you on here so I can come read you everyday ?

Breazy said...

LOL! Sal how funny ! I have naked pics of girls and boy when they were little and I love showing them off to the friends !

lime said...

LOL, miss breazy, ma'am. you and i woulda had REAL fun with the dipwad who was annoying me on the highway today.....and that's all i'ma gonna say about that ;)

oh yeah and i agreee with sal...it's orneryness not malice ;)

Breazy said...

Lime... I think it would be so awesome to hang out with you for a day . I think that wouldn't be near enough time and I would pine for more ! LOL!

S said...

Pouring ice tea over someones head...is that a southern gesture?

Sounds mighty coolin' ma'am!

Anonymous said...

Breazy...where were you today when I needed you!! I told my patient that if he didn't shape up he was going to get his flu shot with a square rusty needle!

Breazy said...

Susie.. ummm I don't know if it is just southern or not , I only know that I get the urge to do it sometimes ..LOL! Actually it isn't just iced tea , it is anything that is cold and wet in my hand.

Jillie.. I wish I had been there , I would have helped you carry that one out! lol !

chosha said...

I think you should contact Ashton Kutcher and see if he needs any help on a new series of Punk'd. =)

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...