Thursday, October 05, 2006

WOOHOO, WOOHOOO ! We took the plunge !


Hey all ! Sorry but I don't have an HNT going here today , however you can go over to SWHAB and see my friends and I .

Okay, so what this post is about is good news ! I have posted on here several times about building a home . I even showed a pic of the house we wanted to build . Well , we really go to thinking about that big two story home and we ended up changing our minds because #1 the kids won't live with us forever and we don't need that much house for the two of us when the kids do go their own way #2 aging people don't do stairs well . #3 who wants that much house to clean ?. We finally recieved our deed about three weeks ago so it is ours free and clear . Before that we weighed some optioins and looked at several different avenues we could take . With the way time is for us right now there would be no way we could build the way we wanted to which was us doing all the work except for the electric , sheetrock and a couple other things ourselves . A friend of ours, which is a pro. baseball player, just bough a modular home back in the summer . For those of you thinking that modular and mobile home are the same thing let me say that would be wrong . A modular home is a bit different because # 1 it is built with better materials #2 you can design your own or do as much customization to one of the company's floor plans . We ended up deciding against this as well because it seemed that our friends were having too many problems with the completion of their modular home . So we set out to search out some contractors to build our home at a good price . It didn't take long to find what we were looking for at a price that we were very much in agreement with and a floor plan that my husband , children and I fell in love with .

My husband and I have never taken a huge plunge like this before. Many years ago we bought a singlewide mobile home , which actually sat on the land that we now own, and lived in it for four years . It didn't take us long to figure that we needed something bigger but my grandfather owned the land and we couldn't build . Now that the land is ours we can do what we want and we don't have to worry about the extra cost of having septic and fill line put in or electricity or water because it is all there .Last Friday my husband and I made the decision to take the plunge and let this one particular company build our home . Like I said I have never done this before so I didn't know how long it would take for the approval to go through and all that , nor did I realize just how nervous people get over this huge step in life . This morning I got the call . The construction loan has been approved , not only that but for way more than we need . I AM SO EXCITED !!!! (insert groovy victory dance here with squealing , tears and all mixed in) . I wished I had known how this experience was going to be with all the nervousness and then excitement .

We go sign a few papers today then there will be a meeting set up to meet with the contractor on our land and stake out where the house is going and all that . I do know that I will be moving into my new home sometime in March or April . I will be posting pics of the construction and all that . YOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! The pic at the beginning of the post shows what it looks like , of course my outside colors will be different . This home looks small from the outside but is surprisingly big inside . It is a very well layed out plan . This plan doesn't come with a garage either because my husband wants to do the garage later on himself . He wants more than a two car bay so that is one addition that will come in the next year or two .

I hope your day is as exciting as mine has been !!!!! HUGS & KISSES !!!!!

8 comments:

lime said...

congrats breazy! doing the happy boogaloo with you. glad yo uall found something you love and are exctied about. :D

Breazy said...

thanks Lime !

Politically Homeless said...

Wow..that is is soooooo exciting! You must be on cloud nine. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you!!! Congrats to you and your family...

Logophile said...

I am so excited for you,
huge moment, savor every second!
Congrats, sweetie

Breazy said...

Thank you all sooo much !

CozyMama said...

woohoo for you!!!!!

LZ Blogger said...

A house is ALWAYS nice! Congratulations! ~ jb///

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...