Wednesday, August 30, 2006

thunderstorms, a first aid kit , & a nerve wracking driver

Good Wednesday morning all ! Monday night was like a night from hell around here . Shortly after I went to bed it started raining like something awful then came the thunder . From about midnight til 5am it was nothing but thunder , lightning and torrents of rain . The rain was coming down so hard that it sounded like a train going by . This particular storm dropped almost three inches of rain on us between midnight and five am. The thunder was so loud and booming that you couldn't sleep through it , however , my kids didn't have a problem sleeping through it . We live in a brick house and each boom of thunder was shaking the house and at one point it thundered and I thought a tree fell in our yard near the house . Finally around 5 it settled down a bit and I was able to sleep for an hour before getting up and starting the day .

I took my mom and my sister out to lunch yesterday . We went to my favorite local Mexican restaurant, Cancun. We were sitting there enjoying our meal when my cell rings , I answer it and this is how the conversation went :
Me: Hello ...
Mr. Breazy: are you still eating ?
Me: yes , why ?
Mr. Breazy : I need a first aid kit !
Me : Dear God , what have you done now ?
Mr. Breazy : It's not me this time , it's J. He was cutting the jams for me and got his thumb in the jamsaw .
Me: ummmmm... honey , you need more than a first aid kit , you need to take him to the ER don't ya think ?
Mr. Breazy : no , he won't go .
Me: Well , you are going to have to find a first aid kit some where else because I am eating with my mom and my sister and I am not leaving .
Mr. Breazy : no problem . I think I have one in the van but I know there are no bandaids in it , but don't worry about it , I will take care of him , enjoy your lunch and I will talk to you later !
Me: let me know how he is okay
Mr. Breazy: okay

Turns out J cut the end of his left thumb very bad and should have had stiches but he wouldn't go so when they got home yesterday I wanted to check his thumb out and I got the biggest laugh of my life. My husband had disinfectant in his first aid kit so they disinfected the cut then they took toilet paper and black electrical tape and bandaged him up . On their way home my husband stopped and bought a new first aid kit . Ya gotta love those men ! LOL!

My kids go to three different schools this year . The elementary school is one mile northwest of my home , the middle and high school are one mile southwest of my home . Our regular routine is that I leave home at 7:15 and drop my son off at the elementary , then I drop my 11yr old daughter off at the middle school , then I come home pick up my 14 yr old daughter and take her to the high school. I don't have time for slow moving drivers to be getting in front of me but this morning as I was turning into the elementary school this car comes from the other way and turns in front of me so suddenly that I had to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting it . Once behind this car it starts going real slow. Each curve we go around the woman practically stops to turn . I had to follow this idiot all the way to the middle school and I was letting her know that I wasn't happy about it . Every time she would slow down to a near stop to turn a curve I would lay down on my horn . I was glad when we pulled out of the middle school and she hit her blinker for the opposite direction I needed to go .

I am glad that Tropical Storm Ernesto decided to go East instead of West as they had first predicted. I am sure that all along the gulf coast those folks were holding their breath especailly since yesterday was the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina . I am also glad that Tropical Storm Ernesto petered out before making landfall in Florida .

I guess that is about all I have to yack about at the moment so I am going to sign off and try to catch a wee nap before I go to the grocery store which is one of my most hated wifely duties . Give me dirty dishes , dirty floors and dirty laundry all day long but please don't make me go to the grocery store . Have I mentioned in the past how I hate to shop? LOL!

Y'all have a great day and be safe ! :)

4 comments:

lime said...

my 3 are all in different schools too. it's a drag. and i am with you on shopping. it just bores me. it's s uch a chore and remind me NEVER to go on tuesdya again. it' ssr citizen day and the aisles are jammed with every motorscooter in the county.....aaaarrrrrgh!

ttfootball said...

yeah guys usually figure themselves out...how do u think Mr Breazy woulda handled the slow driver? lol

Breazy said...

Lime..yeah here we just have to be careful about going shopping the first week of the month because those who draw a ss check are out and it is a pain !

Sal..yeah you really would think that they would get the hang of it after a few days. Our kids have been back in school four weeks now .LOL! Btw.. no offense on the men statement.. I love my men (husband and son) and they make life more interesting !

TTFootball..Mr. Breazy would have blew his horn as he was going by and all the while he would be lecturing her . LOL!

Frank..I know exactly what you are talking about . If I am not mistaken that was in West Tennesse wasn't it ?

Angela said...

Breazy, there was so many long deep long drawn out growls of Thunder that it knocked things off my walls and window sills. It was ugly. I stayed up till after 4:00 in the morning because of the storms. UGH!!! :-).

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...