
I really don't have a special song or anything for today so instead I will tell you what I like and why . Here goes ....
I like the beach ! Rather I LOVE the beach . Each year we go to the beach and I always come back home feeling refreshed and ready to face the things that life throws at us . Every single summer when we are ending our vacation , I walk down to the beach to kinda just say "goodbye til next time" . Since we extended our vacation from a week to two weeks , saying goodbye at the end isn't bad anymore . When we would stay just a week I would hate leaving because I would feel as if I had no time there but last year was wonderful because I had an extra week and I was ready to come home by the end of that time.
Alot of people like to eat out almost every meal , go shopping , go sight seeing and alot of other stuff but when we go to the beach we take the word "vacation" seriously. We always get a condo and we do alot of cooking , especially on the grill . We do eat out some but I am not real huge on eating out in the first place . We choose rainy days to go shopping or sight seeing , we also do shopping in the evening when the sun starts setting . If you were at the beach while I was there during the day you would find me either by the pool soaking up the rays or you would find me on the beach soakin' up the rays, walking , playing in the water with the kids . To me there is nothing more relaxing than walking the beach on a beautiful day . The only thing I am not real crazy about when I go to the beach is the sand . Yeah , I know that sounds stupid but as I get older the sand really irritates my skin , sometimes to the point of an aggravating rash .
When we first arrive at the beach , after getting unpacked and settled in , I always go down to the edge of the water and let the waves carry all my worries out with them as they go and the rest of our stay I am pretty much worry free. Last year we decided to stay in the condo's that we use to stay in and I wasn't real happy with it because the pool is smaller , the pool is shaded by 3 in the afternoon, the noise level is alot higher and there is alot more traffic . This year we will be returning to our normal condo building and I can't wait. The pool is to the side and the sun hits it until it sets . There is also a courtyard where the kids can play in the evenings , normally we get a good baseball game going with a soft nerf bat and ball . The rooms are bigger , the pool is twice the size as most of the others and it is two miles south of the pier so it is very quiet and peaceful . Anyways ,all of these things plus more is why I love the beach . The pic at the top is actually the inside of the condo we have reserved this year, if you walk out the sliding glass doors the ocean is to your left the pool directly in front of you and the courtyard is to the right . We are on the 3rd floor this year and I can't wait til July 8th ! Y'all have a good day and leave me a comment telling me something you like !
7 comments:
sign me up! i love the beach too!
Lime.. signing you up ! hehe , I wished I could take all my blogger friends for one gigantic beach meeting !
Sal.. think of me as you stroll the beach each day because I live about 420miles from the beach. hehe
Solitaire.. oh cool! I will have to come check out your post !
Yeah, I still miss the warm sunny beaches of southern california where I grew up...but now I have the cold windy beaches of Northern California.....equally lovely but not the same as lying around slathered in sun tan oil smelling like a coconut listening to tunes and seagull cries.
I used to love to ride my bike everyday up and down the boardwalk from Venice Beach to Malibu and back, and sometimes the other way, from Venice to Playa Del Rey or even Redondo Pier and back...I really miss that..riding a bike here is death defying!
Take it easy, Breazy!
Thanks Bare!
i so agree with you. Living at the beach is even better than visiting. I am so LUCKY!!! I never take for granted how lucky we are to have our little cottage at the beach (well it is more like a duplex, but hey it is feet from the sand). I can hear the waves every morning from my bathroom window while I am getting ready for work. I keep saying I should get up EARLIER (than 5 am) to go out and say Hi to the water before I am off for my day. I will one of these days. I do not even care that there is always sand in my house. I am so ready for summer and the water to warm up. take care and have a great weekend.
I spend 2 weeks at the beach every year. I do not really like it. I hate swimming in the ocean and the way everything is always damp. It's something my hubby's family does. I do it because I have to. I'm a hotel/resort kind of girl. I like a topical local with sight seeing/history, a nice swimming pool and room service.
I've always lived near the beach, but now I'm land-locked at least 2.5 hours from the coast. Going home is now made even more special because I get to be back near the ocean for a while.
Post a Comment