Friday, May 11, 2007

fights, free time, and Mother's Day...

Hey all ! Thank goodness it is finally Friday..w00t! I haven't posted since Tuesday because first I didn't feel like sitting here long enough to do it then I just got lazy on ya!

When my oldest offspring, Chesney, came through the kitchen door Wednesday, I knew immediately that something was wrong, her face was puffy and red around her left eye. I said hi and asked how her day was because I wanted to see if she would tell me what happened or if I would have to drag it out of her, I had a pretty good idea as to what had caused the red, puffiness on her face. She got something to drink, leaned on the counter and said "did you get a call from school today?" and I told her "no, why?". She then said because she had got into a fight that day. Yep, my guess was right and I know who's fist connected with her face. I told her to go ahead and tell me about it and don't leave anything out because I wanted the right of it before I piled myself in the car to go down to the school.

There has been this girl that for the past month and a half has been telling my daughter daily "if I wasn't on probation I would kick your butt!" and my daughter keeps saying "don't let that stop you, if you are going to do it then do it and quit talking about it". Well Wednesday Chesney was talking to one of her friends during some free time in class and the troubled girl, which we will call "J" piped up out of the blue and says "Chesney you know what?" when my daughter said what J slugged her in the eye. Well my daughter then says "yeah J I know what" and she balls up her fist, rares back and let's J have it in the eye as well. Needless to say J won't be bothering my daughter anymore!

Chesney just happened to be wearing this big ring that belonged to a friend who was in Phys.Ed. that period and well, it was on the hand that she hit J with. They both got sent to the office to see the principal but only J got in trouble. Before they went in to see the principal J had to go to the clinic to have the blood cleaned off her face and a couple of cuts bandaged. The principal was very familiar with J and since she threw the first punch she got suspended for one day. My daughter received nothing more than a small lecture about talking to the teacher before a confrontation gets out of hand. Luckily Chesney had talked to her teacher and he was well aware of what had been going on so he talked to the principal about it.

I do not teach my children to fight but I don't want them to stand and take crap from anyone, in this case I am very happy that my daughter stood up for herself because three or four years ago she wouldn't have said a word to anyone that hit her, I thank God that she has changed! Just to give you a bit of background on my daughter, in sixth grade she was bullied all year by another sixth grader ( a huge girl) and she wouldn't defend herself, it got so bad that I went to school and told the principal that she could put a stop to it or I would, the bullying stopped the next day but my daughter went through a year of hell over this child that was being taught wrong. The girl that was bullying my daughter shouldn't have been in a public school because during her fifth grade year she was caught planning the murder of one of her friends fathers. Chesney never told us how bad things were until this girl started threatening to kill her. The reason that this girl was picking on Chesney was because Chesney was good friends with one of her friends. It eases me to know that now a days my daughter will stand up for herself because that tends to make the bullies go away. Too many people think that because my daughter is a sweet Christian girl that she won't fight back. This girl is the only one that has bothered Chesney this year.

This has been a good week other than the ovarian cyst incident Monday night. I have had a fairly clear schedule all week and it has felt wonderful. Yesterday I didn't even leave the property except to take the kids to school and to go over to my mom's (three doors down) to get the riding mower so I could mow our yard, which I love doing! We keep our mower over at my parents house because first off we have no garage to store it in and second off my husband and dad bought the mower together each paying half. I also cooked a good meal last night which is so important to me. The way we are always going, going, going I worry about my kids getting the nutrition they need because we eat out a lot, my opinion is that food cooked at home is much better for you. Last night I cooked a turkey, veggies, and rolls then we finished it off with some double fudge brownies. It just felt good to be home for supper! I had Lime on my mind as I was mixing the brownies then eating them.

At church the men wanted to do something special for the women for Mother's Day so they are hosting a huge Mother's Day BBQ for us tonight. The men have to cook everything and the women get to eat and enjoy, I am really excited about this because in our bulletin it said " ladies we can't promise the food will be as good as yours but we will do the best we can" now isn't that sweet!

I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Be safe and take care!

5 comments:

Mona said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Breazy!

Wow! Your daughter sure is learning to take care of herself.That is good. It is a big bad world out there!!

Melodie Norman Haas said...

That is fantastic, go C!

When I was in 1st grade I got in trouble for fighting because the boys would pick me up and carry me around like a baby doll and I hated it! I would tell the recess teacher and my mom but the boys kept doing it.

My dad finally told me to just punch them and they would stop since the teachers werent doing anything. So the next day, instead of punching, i took a piece of baseboard that was loose (the floppy rubber kind) and started beating them with it and screaming.

Yup I got sent to the principals office and my mom was called. My mom told the principal that she had complained multiple times and that nothing had been done so my daddy had told me to defend myself!

We still laugh about it :)

Angela said...

I bet that girl won't try to bully your daughter again:-). WOW dinner sounded yummy. Especially those brownies:-).
Happy Mother's day to you Miss breazy and I hope ya'll have a great weekend!

lime said...

glad to know chesney will defend herself too. even gladder she didn't get in trouble. around here they don't care who started it, both get suspended. stupid to be punished for defending yourself.

brownies you say???? mmm


have a happy mother's day :)

Shari said...

I decided to go blog hopping and came across your blog.

It's like being caught between a rock and a hard place. Defend yourself and get into trouble (sometimes) or get bullied and possibly beaten up. Ugh. It gets worse every generation.

My daughter gets picked on, too. She's the tallest in her class. For some reason, she's the scapegoat. It's not just the "fat" kids or the "nerds" anymore. Some teachers ignore it and some do talk to the troublemaker, but it doesn't go away.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...